Author Topic: jiggin'  (Read 667 times)

Offline ice725

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
jiggin'
« on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:08 PM »
when i go ice fishing i mainly set up tip ups and then jig a little while waiting for a flag.
i have never really spent a day on the water just jigging.  I know this really sets me back but i dont have a fish finder.
i do however have a power augor an ugly stick jigging combo and a box full of jigs.  With this equiptment what are some tips for fishing an area about 5-7 feet deep, decent weed cover, and a pretty flat bottom.  There are perch pickeral and largemouths in the area. :'( :'(

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
Re:jiggin'
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Hi. I am not a pro, but have learned alot in the past few weeks.  Just about any jig in your box will work at some point.  The best way to start is to try some small teardrops, and tip them with a maggot or two.  I found that adding a spoon to the bottom and two jigs above that, about 6-8 inches apart work well.  The biggest thing is to change your lures if they are not working.  It is amazing how moody fish can be, hammer a jig for a while and then not touch it....Once you start catching fish jigging, tip-ups will be secondary...
Mike

Oh yeah, some days they want it jigged pretty hard, and others (like today) they just want the bait to sit in front of them...
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.