Author Topic: CURRENT CONDITIONS ON WINNEPESAUKEE?  (Read 4967 times)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
CURRENT CONDITIONS ON WINNEPESAUKEE?
« on: Mar 06, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Well I have a heck of a task ahead of me.... I still have to pull my shack off of Winni and the constant rain/ snow probably have not made conditons any better... not to mention it is built on an old pop-tent trailer, so it's probably frozen in pretty bad. ???

Does anyone have recent condtions for the Gilford/Glendale area?  How thick is the ice now? and Whats on top snow/slop?

Your replies are greatly appreciated. I'm pretty busy with work during the week and am trying to get up there during good conditions to attempt to get that sucker outta there???

THANK YOU---NHTF.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
Re: CURRENT CONDITIONS ON WINNEPESAUKEE?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Just came off Alton Bay, getting real sloppy. Best first thing in the morning I was able to drive on top but as day progress it got soft and sloppy. 12" deep, still 18-20" ice

Offline SixAndAdozen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:38 PM »
conditions the same off levitt park,need one more cold snapp to make things a little easier,I also have a pop up convertplanning a move off party with the other houses We fish with.Good luck all!

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:53 PM »
hey nh trout, have you seen the shack made from highway signs out there? thats the one i fish in.I havent heard from my buddy all week but I'll give him a call in the am for ya to see what its like out there now.

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:58 PM »
hey nh trout, have you seen the shack made from highway signs out there? thats the one i fish in.I havent heard from my buddy all week but I'll give him a call in the am for ya to see what its like out there now.

Hey Nature Boy,

Yes, I know exactly which shack you mean. I would greatly appreciate the info. Time is running out and it just seems like we keep getting snow or rain.  Tough conditions this year. Any idea about the pressure ridge farther out?      Thanks Again------ NH TF 

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:04 PM »
we never go farther than where the shack is now. 2weeks ago trucks driving way out though.

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I am in the same boat as you only in paugus. I have a feeling it will be a nightmare it doesn't have any skis on it

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:42 PM »
there is 10 inches of packed wet snow on top of the 20inches of ice.

in the morning it is a ROCK

in the afternoon it is SOFT.

Go early in the morning and i bet wheels will roll right on top, wait for a cold night and she will roll off it isn't that bad out there unless it gets really warm like today it got real soft but not slushy.
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline SixAndAdozen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2008, 04:52 AM »
I'll be up at leavitts pulling mine off this weekend also. Fortunately I moved mine close to shore 2 weeks ago. Don't know if it's going to make it any easier though. I'm hoping there's a good path from the parking area.
[/quote the trail off the beach is great.someone plowed last monday.I want to get mine off before they try to get that huge one off on shore,that will tear it up.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2008, 06:16 AM »
Yeah, if you get there early in the morning it should be a lot better going,
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2008, 09:32 AM »
 LIVE ON RR TRACKS WITH GROOMED SNOWMACHINE TRAIL, EVEN WITH SLEDS RIDING AROUND, PRETTY SLOPPY.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2008, 12:32 PM »
Just took the house off of Merdith Bay. It was fine. The ramp was open but a pretty good incline. There are some houses out there that are in trouble. Some sank in pretty good.  There's still plenty of ice.

Depending on the weather, next weekend should be fine to extract if you didn't get to it this weekend.  The shore may start to open up a bit so bring some planks with yah.

Offline SixAndAdozen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Just left levitt,ice is rock hard some ruts near shore though,but frozen.Moving in the mornig should be real hard by then,hate to do it but with the warm temps coming in,no choice.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Yes it is a sad day when the house on the lake has to come off, today I yanked mine of Alton Bay. Ice was hard and rutty but it came off pretty slick. Still lots of ice left and plenty of fishing but figured might as well get it off while the getting is good.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:43 PM »
Planning on going up Saturday to start the extraction ??? Most likely it's going to be tough, I haven't been able to get up there for a few weeks now-- and can just imagine what I'm in for :(

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:19 PM »
I feel ya, Im in the same boat, though I will probably go up tommrow night to do a moonlight extraction. :tipup:

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:46 PM »
I am heading up in the morning to try and free our shanty haven't been up since the derby. I can only imagine it froze up to the windows. I hope the ice is safe two drive on up in paugus if not I will have to go back up with a sled to get it but i hope to move it closer to shore tomorrow. Then head up with a group of people later to pick it up with the trailer.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 11, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Be careful about the rock salt. F&G fined acouple of guys that bought five bags and dumped them around there house on Meredith bay yesterday.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Be careful about the rock salt. F&G fined acouple of guys that bought five bags and dumped them around there house on Meredith bay yesterday.

They can catch the guy dumping rock salt but they can't catch the guy breaking into the houses, great.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2008, 05:39 PM »
They can catch the guy dumping rock salt but they can't catch the guy breaking into the houses, great.

Spike
so true..........
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2008, 06:19 PM »

Spike

Good point, That's pretty sad  :(

Offline SixAndAdozen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2008, 06:32 AM »
Pulled mine off levitt early yesterday morning,no problem driving out or in,ice was solid.Fished around a little after center hrbor bay was the same,some pretty good ruts near shore,but still frozen solid.meredith looked pretty dicey near the boat ramp.

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 12, 2008, 10:29 AM »
chisel, pry bars, some scrap 2x8s (to pry against), and a bottle jack.. and lotsa patients! good luck man...

Offline Burbot Buzzard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Quest For A Man Size Cusk
« Reply #23 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:24 AM »
I find it hard to believe that they would of fined a guy for rock salt when there is thousands of gallons of the stuff running into the lake every day in the winter. They must have left all the plastic bags out on the ice to get fined.

Offline freakfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:05 PM »
I just dug my shack out of a 13" swimming pool in center harbor. Mine was also "as was" from the derby. I travel so not only had to deal with the getting it up but also getting broken into. I had another post and got some good advise and photos a few weeks back from someone, it was good advice. I had to bring down 16' planks to straddle the swimming hole, was not fun seeing that I had to do it alone. If anyone is in center harbor with a quad to help me move in closer to shore, I can offer the use of my planks, johnson bar and floor jack. Still don't want to admit defeat on the season, fish to the end!

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:58 PM »
Is there any snow on the ice? I was suppose to head up yesterday to drag the house off but decided to fish in the Raymond area instead with my nephew. It really paid off he pulled an honest 4 pounder out as well as one about 2 pounds and just a mess of perch he was all smiles the rest of the day. The ice there was really solid now snow cover I hope it is the same on Winni. But we are heading up in the morning for sure

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.