Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Ice Fishing Shanty
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | KitteryTradingPost | Cabelas
Jul 30, 2014, 11:19 PM
MyFishFinder.com
Just like iceshanty but warmer

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?
The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 84443 times)

1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
Lake Arthur chat
« on: Mar 04, 2008, 09:39 AM »
snapper was that you and the explosion at the church saturday was checkin mofish jr saw your dog thought it was yellin flag daddy flag daddy lets fish ever think of being an editor for the pennsylvania outdoors magazine just a thought   mo p/s a day with your son catching or not is a legacy to be cherished i'm amazed how mofish jr turned out i wasnt always the greatest influence i guess its true its the time you spend with your children is the greatest gift hats off to glowjig the m man is the neatest the same with jayswimmer a great young man, besides mofish jr have a lot more at home 4 girls and the dominator what out fish   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Glowjig

• Team IceShanty Regular

• My "Happy Place"
Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2008, 05:06 AM »
Well Guys, it was nice fishing with you all this year, Hope next year comes early and stays late!

Maybe I'll see you on the lake this summer, 1MO call me in June and I'll show you my Striper spot!

Glowjig
Hey it's nice to meet ya but, I got to run for this flag, Be right back!!!

GLOWJIG

Snapper

• Team IceShanty Addict

Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2008, 06:47 AM »
MO yeah that was me, a nice young man you have there.  I could not agree more my son and I had a blast. 
We should all hook up this spring/summer/fall, and have an ice shanty fishing get together.

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2008, 07:12 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Well Guys, it was nice fishing with you all this year, Hope next year comes early and stays late!

Maybe I'll see you on the lake this summer, 1MO call me in June and I'll show you my Striper spot!

Glowjig
see GOD and fishin thread
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:42 AM »
MO yeah that was me, a nice young man you have there.  I could not agree more my son and I had a blast. 
We should all hook up this spring/summer/fall, and have an ice shanty fishing get together.
see GOD and fishin thread  mo

ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Unless by some unexpected miracle we get another 5-6 day cold snap my season is over.  This weekend is already tied up with basement preparations for waterproofing all next week.  It was a pleasure meeting so many IS members on Arthur/Moraine this season.  I must say in the past 5 years I have met more IS folks this year than all the others combined.

For those that are going out this weekend please use caution.  I trust Snapper's reports, so we'll have to see what he finds when he checks the lake later tonight.  Anyway, stay on top, stay warm, and catch good numbers if you are able to enjoy what may be the last weekend of this year's season.

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2008, 09:56 PM »
I just found out about this site this winter, lot of good info and stuff on here.   I only got out on the ice a few times this year, which kind of sucks, didn't get to meet anybody.  :( Just too many things to do and not enough time.  When I'm out of school and back home over the summer I'll be down at the lake a lot for stripers, cats, and everything else.   That reminds me, got to renew my cast net permit.  ;D   
[signature removed]

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Rain...rain go away. ALL I wanna do is fish ONE more day.   Hope the ice holds up. Bait shop on 422 near 528 has med.shinners and minnows and waxworms. Opens at 7am. Kinda hard finding shiners of any kind. Thought this might help some.   Gonna hit em high and goin hit em low tommorrow. This maybe the last weekend so I better do something....LOL   Good luck to the guys going out this weekend,    Be safe!!!
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2008, 07:43 PM »
Anyone else hittin good ole Moraine tommorrow or Sunday??  Enquiring minds wanna know...LOL

Creektroll3

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2008, 08:53 AM »
My buddy and I are going to go in the afternoon today. Will report are findings.

2009 Iceshanty Tourney Leader for Crappie

Creektroll3

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2008, 08:06 AM »
Fished by the church from 2 to 9pm. DINK gills and small crappies. Thank god for ice shanties cause with out it we would not have been able to be out in the blizzard conditions we where in.

Creektroll3

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2008, 08:08 AM »
Pajns was that you I talk to by the church yesterday?

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2008, 10:27 AM »
If it was a tall good looking fellow it was me...LOL Had orange knit hat on and camo one peice suit. Drove  a red and creame truck.

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2008, 07:59 PM »
OK wheres the report for Lake Arthur??   I know all you guys were out today.  I have people who tell me things.Just cause I couldn't make it out you guys don't have to get tight lipped.....LOL  Hope the ones that did had a good day cause yesterday the fish were tight lipped.

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2008, 05:42 AM »
Well guys looks like this maybe the last weekend. Of course I'm getting a late start today. Alarm went off and the mind said..Lets go. But the body said..You crazy..LOL  Drinking coffee..watchin the news and getting ready to load up the good Ole fishin wagon for one last outing. Keep hoping the weather forecaster changes his forecast...maybe thats why I keep watch the TV...LOL  But if this is my last trip on the ice I can't complain. Didn't limit out on my trips but had a good time tryin. So upon returning for the trip I will post conditions and results. For anyone else going out today or tommorrow...GOOD LUCK and Stay safe!!! 

1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Well guys looks like this maybe the last weekend. Of course I'm getting a late start today. Alarm went off and the mind said..Lets go. But the body said..You crazy..LOL  Drinking coffee..watchin the news and getting ready to load up the good Ole fishin wagon for one last outing. Keep hoping the weather forecaster changes his forecast...maybe thats why I keep watch the TV...LOL  But if this is my last trip on the ice I can't complain. Didn't limit out on my trips but had a good time tryin. So upon returning for the trip I will post conditions and results. For anyone else going out today or tommorrow...GOOD LUCK and Stay safe!!! 
i dont see you pajns maybe tomorrow   mooooo

Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2008, 06:15 AM »
Never made it out...back flared up loading the Ole fishing wagon up.

winchester 88

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:24 AM »
If anyone has been around the lake,how long does it look before we can put a boat on it?

Winchester 88
Has the rain a father?
Or who has begotten the drops of dew?
From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost from heaven,who gives it birth?
By the breath of God ice is given and the broad waters are frozen.
The waters harden like stone and the surface of the deep is frozen.

The book of Job.

1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2008, 03:27 PM »
If anyone has been around the lake,how long does it look before we can put a boat on it?

Winchester 88
well it all depends on the weather ice was still 8" in mc although going away fast need to get open water oh nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo    mo

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | Cabelas
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved