Author Topic: Knot tying "thing"  (Read 1908 times)

cid

Knot tying "thing"
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Any body know about a stick like devise that you just wrap the line around and slip it over the jig for a "perfect knot" ;D
Any body ever heard of such a thing? and do they work? ??? ???

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re:Knot tying "thing"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2004, 10:27 PM »
hey cid ive never heard of that, but check out netknots.com and with a little practice youll be able to achieve the perfect knot everytime,with ease :'( :'(good luck!!!

Offline RodH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Look in the fly fishing section of your favorite sporting goods store.  Ask for a little device called "Tie-Fast knot tyer". Similar products may be available under different names. I know that it works on line to line knots, and knots for tying flies and lures to leader material.  I'm sure small jigs would be no problem.  
If you are looking for something to make changing jigs easier without having to cut and re-tie every time, look for something called "Not a Knot".  Just make one knot and then snap jigs on and off this little clip.

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I bought a gadget at wally-world called a fastenader that is endorsed by Jimmy Houston. it was a bit pricey at $7.00 but it works really well on those small jigs when your fingers are cold.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline whitey

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the slabs!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2004, 07:48 PM »
Go to the bait store and ask where they keep there "Fas-snaps" for flyfishing. It's a very small snap-like thingy that you tie right to the end of your line. When you want to change lures or teardrops and such, you just unsnap the previous one, and snap on another one. Very finicky fish have a problem with them though, from what I've experienced. But, flyfishermen use them alot so they must work.   Whitey.  

P Gottshall

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Since I got my first pair of bifocals last week, I can now tie the perfect knot, with no tools or anything!  I had forgotten how good I was. . .

The real key to a good knot is being able to see the hole in the jig. . .

Offline flyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Ice Man
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2004, 09:17 PM »
I have a small waterproof knot tying book I keep in my fishing vest.....they have all the knots you would need...and not too complicated to tie....FYI

cid

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2004, 10:08 AM »
I bought a gadget at wally-world called a fastenader that is endorsed by Jimmy Houston. it was a bit pricey at $7.00 but it works really well on those small jigs when your fingers are cold.
Hey gambler where is Wally world ?

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2004, 11:08 AM »
You can find that item at jannsnetcraft.com
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2004, 02:44 PM »
Hey gambler where is Wally world ?
A.K.A. Wal-Mart

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Yes Wally-World is Wal-Mart. Sorry for the confusion.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.