Author Topic: Tip-up Organizer  (Read 10402 times)

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Tip-up Organizer
« on: Jan 12, 2004, 02:40 PM »
This works  good  to keep my tip-up from getting tangled  up with each other and knocked around. I took a 10 foot piece of 4" drainage pipe(white plastic- not PVC- from Home Depot) and cut it into one foot pieces with a hack saw. I stood them all up in a milk crate so they  fit snuggly together and put that in my sled. One  Polar tip-up  fits  tightly in each  tube ; I leave the spool  end up.  You might have to distort the tube very slightly to get the screw on the Polars into the tube (that is why I use the lite weight plastic pipe)This might work in a 5 gallon bucket to -haven't tried that. Hope it works for you. You can slide a 1 1/2" pvc pipe in to carry jigging rods.  ;)

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
Re:Tip-up Organizer
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2004, 11:05 PM »
Good idea! I found that the best thing for me for tip ups and rods is to use a small plastic wastebasket inserted into a backpack. The pockets in the backpack are used to store some gear and accessories and it is more comfortable than the trappers baskets. I also attach my portable to the rear of the pack so that I use my shoulders for dragging. Works awesome.

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline Pike an Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Dead Sea 04"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2004, 02:33 PM »
 :)  Awesome Idea ........will try

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2004, 09:18 PM »
It Really works great!!! ;D