The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait shops near Lake Arthur Moraine  (Read 9199 times)

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Bait shops near Lake Arthur Moraine
« on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:21 PM »
Are there any bait shops close to Lake Arthur ??  Thank you John
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bait shops near Lake Arthur Moraine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2008, 07:13 AM »
Van's a REAL good guy sells slabs by the pound his hours are iffey so call first 724-287-0402 or Mapquest 809 E. Jefferson St. Butler Pa 16001.

If you are comming the other way O'DOnnells Rt. 19 Portersville 724-368-3418 Good people there as well with a fair selection of ice gear.

At the very end of the North shore past were you would go to get your boat if you had dock space out there is Rodger Rifle and Reel 494 Mt. Union Rd Portesville 724-368-8127 I have never been her during ice season only open water they may be open as well?

Take care,

Snapper

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2008, 08:00 AM »
Absolutely agree with Snapper on Van's Sporting Goods.  Best bait in Butler for the money, but you have to plan accordingly as his hours are not what one might expect.  It's a good idea to call him in advance and just ask when he expects to be open.  The bait is healthy and the quantity always seems to be more than what you actually pay for.  Coming from east of Butler you will want to get off of 422 at the Rte 38 exit and he's less than a mile from there.  It's a little less convenient from the west of Butler, but again well worth it.

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Thanks Complex ....Now got Van on my speed dial. Just hopin guys don't catch em all at Moraine before I get there Saturday.  Thanks again  John
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline winchester 88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:42 AM »
There is one about 1/2 mile south of 422 on Rt 19.headed towards Portersville.
 It's O'Donnels and is on the left side of Rt.19
Winchester 88
Has the rain a father?
Or who has begotten the drops of dew?
From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost from heaven,who gives it birth?
By the breath of God ice is given and the broad waters are frozen.
The waters harden like stone and the surface of the deep is frozen.

The book of Job.

Offline Grub

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Are there any bait shops close to Lake Arthur besides the one on 422??  Thank you John
I always stop at Carlsons in zeli. on the way up.He'll save you some cash on your bait and he's good guy.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2008, 11:45 AM »
I always stop at Carlsons in zeli. on the way up.He'll save you some cash on your bait and he's good guy.
i agree gene has been there 30 years    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:29 PM »
Talked to Vans bait today and He said He would be there Friday from 12 to 5. Or he might open earlier like at 10. Guess better go at 12 then sit in parkin lot for 2 hours....lol

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:37 PM »
No problem, and yes he is real cool. The one day he was leaving early and I called so he left me bait outside and I paid him the next time I was in.  One time there was a death in teh family and I was heading out ot ice fish to blow off some steam and I forgot my cash he again said no problem hit me up next time.  I real nice person.  And he has quality bait for a good price.   

Offline fritschsr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Route 68 west of Zelienople about 1 mile is Will's Bait Shop. good bait, fair price.
family run.
Dave
If you don't know where you are going, when you get there, well there you are.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2008, 05:06 PM »
bumped

Offline 97dend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2015, 06:59 AM »
Anyone know if Carlson's is still open on 19. It's been a while since I've been there.

Thanks in advance

Offline cfisch84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Anyone know if Carlson's is still open on 19. It's been a while since I've been there.

Thanks in advance
I'm sure he's still open and you'll get mixed reviews on this guy but I'll never step foot in his shop again.
esox rx

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2015, 12:33 PM »
I'm sure he's still open and you'll get mixed reviews on this guy but I'll never step foot in his shop again.
ya gene still there he always hooks me up good counts ;) wont pick you out the slabs you need to buy 2 dozen if you want any bigguns probally why fisches comment ??? them big fish big bait guys are trouble lol  ;D :whistle: as for van he died and shop is now closed :angel
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Van passed away, his place is closed down.   

Offline Skycowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Eugene passed away within the last year or so here in zelie. Shop has been closed for 6 months now. Wills baitshop is terrible. She will sit there and count every minnow that falls in the bucket. God forbid one dies on route to the fishing hole. O Donnells has always been fair and they have a large selection of lures and sizes.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2016, 01:27 PM »
x2 on odonnells

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.