Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 537989 times)

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #2430 on: Dec 07, 2016, 11:26 AM »
Just checked the slough in priest river A.K.A crystal lake and there was about an inch and a half at the dick but some open water in the middle

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2431 on: Dec 07, 2016, 01:45 PM »
Just checked the slough in priest river A.K.A crystal lake and there was about an inch and a half at the dick but some open water in the middle

I've heard there are several of those types in that area ~ keeps me on full alert.     :callcops:       :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2432 on: Dec 07, 2016, 02:34 PM »
got a report that Avondale has a few inches of ice (unsafe ice) on the first part near THE PORCH 
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2433 on: Dec 07, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Just checked Avondale, maybe a 1/4" in the back ends of the bays but the main body is still open water.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2434 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Yikes I'm lucky a mod didn't flag me! I meant dock, that is actually quite hilarious Tom!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2435 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:40 PM »
Yikes I'm lucky a mod didn't flag me! I meant dock, that is actually quite hilarious Tom!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :roflmao:    Glad you found the humor CMS.  lol

If you like, go to your post, click on "Modify", do a spelling change (help if needed) and click "Save".

But, I think we're safe, those mods ignore us spuds. lol    :thumbsup:

Tom

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2436 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Just checked Avondale, maybe a 1/4" in the back ends of the bays but the main body is still open water.
do you have a group on Facebook by chance?  ???
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2437 on: Dec 08, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Fernan Lake 10:45 am today  poked a few holes at the west boat launch, maybe 1/2 inch. Only 10-20% of lake has ice, rest all open water.

Offline k1500guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2438 on: Dec 08, 2016, 01:59 PM »
Yes 2nd that question any Facebook pages? Also has anyone ever fished Chatcolet lake? Wanting to try that this year, any news on the ice or tips on that specific lake?

Thanks

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2439 on: Dec 08, 2016, 02:19 PM »
do you have a group on Facebook by chance?  ???

?? I've never found one, North Idaho Mushroom club has a Face Book. There's some one called "Ice Fish North Idaho" but it looks like a personal account.

Chatcolet has some great pike, crappie and perch. I caught a 14 inch crappie 3 years ago.

Offline k1500guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2440 on: Dec 08, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Is there better spot to go on Chatcolet? Heyburn vs Rocky Point. Reading through reviews seems like there are safer spots than others.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2441 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:21 PM »
well the ice fish north idaho is a group I recently joined on Facebook and they have talked about some stuff on  Avondale

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2442 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:41 PM »
well the ice fish north idaho is a group I recently joined on Facebook and they have talked about some stuff on  Avondale

Is there a chance you could convince them to post on a site where adults hang?     ???

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2443 on: Dec 08, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Is there better spot to go on Chatcolet? Heyburn vs Rocky Point. Reading through reviews seems like there are safer spots than others.

There's a place further east of Rocky Pt, called"Cherry Creek" day use area that is  a good place to start, not a lot of room to park especially with deeper snows.

Offline WinterWizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2444 on: Dec 08, 2016, 07:28 PM »
Just for craps and giggles, drove to Twin Lakes in Kootenai County this late afternoon. Hardly no ice at all. Locals says its been real windy up there.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2445 on: Dec 09, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Freeman lake had 3" of solid clear ice at the DOCK. I could stand on it, even sat on the dock and stomped my feet with no crack. It's hot a skiff of snow covering the whole thing.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2446 on: Dec 09, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Freeman lake had 3" of solid clear ice at the DOCK. I could stand on it, even sat on the dock and stomped my feet with no crack. It's hot a skiff of snow covering the whole thing.
I trust you completely,  may I ask how you determined exactly 3"?    Make a hole and measure with your skimmer handle?  You do have that marked, right.    ;)2
Just asking cause my eyes don't have a micrometer built in, ha.    :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2447 on: Dec 09, 2016, 04:45 PM »
Sounds like we are looking at another week or so for safe ice. If these temps hold, I think we will see it.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2448 on: Dec 09, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Has anyone driven by Cocolalla? I am wondering how the ice, if there is any, is starting to look there.

Offline perchhead1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2449 on: Dec 09, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Forecast is looking really good for some safe ice by next weekend on the smaller shallow lakes.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2450 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:23 PM »
I used a spud bar and broke a chunk off and used a tape measure. To tell the truth it was really 2-7/8" so I embellished a littke ;)

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2451 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Is there a chance you could convince them to post on a site where adults hang?     ???
that's why I asked WinterWizard if he was on. that group cause I will provide as much information on Avondale as I can (since I can easily go done there on my bike and look)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2452 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:36 PM »
I used a spud bar and broke a chunk off and used a tape measure. To tell the truth it was really 2-7/8" so I embellished a littke ;)
Good man !   Measured !    Good crystal is not easy to break.   Thanks.     :bow:

that's why I asked WinterWizard if he was on. that group cause I will provide as much information on Avondale as I can (since I can easily go done there on my bike and look)

Perfect.    :thumbsup:   Nice to be so close.     ;)2

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2453 on: Dec 10, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Upper Twin was 100% frozen over Yesterday.  Only 1/2 inch at the dock.  Lower Twin was still open water with some ice forming around the edges.  Its a start.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2454 on: Dec 10, 2016, 02:34 PM »
well the ice right at the front end of Avondale has 4"-3" of ice (I took a spud and  an auger out  and I took a tape measure and measure the thickness) the rest of the lake is starting to freeze give it a few weeks should be safe ice

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2455 on: Dec 10, 2016, 06:02 PM »
I'm hoping to make a trip up to Cocalalla next weekend. Assuming there is safe ice to fish.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2456 on: Dec 10, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Good luck huge. With those single digits coming, MAYBE ???

Tom

Offline idahtana

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2457 on: Dec 12, 2016, 03:52 PM »
I'm hoping to make a trip up to Cocalalla next weekend. Assuming there is safe ice to fish.

Hey there everyone...been following for a while, but figured I could be of some sort of use here.  Hugeinchina, If you want to fish Cocolalla this weekend you may want to bring a boat.  The wind has kept the ice from forming I think.  Shepherd lake has a skiff (not measured...looks like it started as a mass of floating snow.)  And as of yesterday, Mirror lake was pretty much wide open.  Haven't checked Round lake though... I heard of some folks ice skating on a slough near/in Sandpoint last Friday....the bay by the bridge is starting to freeze out.   Hope this helps some plans!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2458 on: Dec 12, 2016, 04:34 PM »
First off ~ a hearty welcome idahtana. Glad you've joined the fun, ha.

Thank you for that/those reports!      :bow:

I'm betting the south end of Cocolalla is a mess.     :sick:

Stay safe.     ;)2

Offline idahtana

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2459 on: Dec 12, 2016, 06:09 PM »
Thank you sir for the welcome.  I hope to talk to you all more this season...hopefully it'll be a good one!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.