Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: South East Iowa Ice  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
South East Iowa Ice
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:03 AM »
Any safe ice down there? I will be in Davenport Sunday-Tuesday and would like to take my dad out if safe. If not, does anyone have a good idea where I can fill my Special Antlerless Do-Over tag? Just Kidding about that, would rather have safe ice. But if you know some place with a few extra deer.....
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline firedutch

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: South East Iowa Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I live in Oskaloosa and we have around 6 inches on most ponds and spoty ice on some of the larger lakes.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I used to live in Oskaloosa. In one of those big stone houses just south of the new Police Station on High Ave.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Crappiekila

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Anyone been to Lake Darling this year, how is the ice and fishing? I am probably going spend a few days around the washington area for the holidays with the girlfriend and was wondering how people were doing or if there is even good ice?

Offline bassman417

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 06:23 PM »
Ive been hitting some backwaters on the miss. in pool 18. Ice average was about 1 to 1.5" in 6 ft of water, and 4 to 5" in 3 ft of water. We caught around 150 gills in a little over 2 hours total. Most were keepers and all but a dozen were released. Found the fish in 3 fow next to a metal dock post fishing about 1.5 to 2 ft deep. The ice is melting pretty quickly, luckily I can fish the hot spot while sitting on the dock. Heading out tomarrow after work for a few fillets.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.