Author Topic: 2 man Bass Pro Clam - $229  (Read 2805 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
2 man Bass Pro Clam - $229
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:10 PM »
I've been watching for a fish trap guide and came across this deal at Bass Pro. BP has teamed up with Clam to put their BP logo on a 2 man shanty... their tossing in two chairs, a tow hitch and cover for free. seems like a pretty good deal for those interested.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_100150_999035014_100000000_999034023_100-16-4

~ G

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
Re: 2 man Bass Pro Clam - $229
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Same dimensions as the Fish Trap Guide and looks to be about $100 cheaper, not to mention the hitch, cover, and seats.

Hitch usually runs around $60.

Looks to be a GOOD deal!  Go BPS.  First it was the Frabill Thermal Tipups, now this.

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2007, 04:39 PM »
 If you get Clam warranty & customer service, great. If you have to deal with BP customer service or warranty I'd be very apprehensive and hope nothing goes wrong.
Ron

Offline icehole12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:47 PM »
I've been watching for a fish trap guide and came across this deal at Bass Pro. BP has teamed up with Clam to put their BP logo on a 2 man shanty... their tossing in two chairs, a tow hitch and cover for free. seems like a pretty good deal for those interested.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_100150_999035014_100000000_999034023_100-16-4

~ G
Gamb00ler,

thanks for the tip.  I have been looking for a good deal on the 2 man clam and with your help I just found it.  I just ordered one in the store out here in Auburn NY and they honered the deal on the internet.  Can't thank you enough I have been looking for one for 3 years now.  My advice to other people would be to call the store and reserve it like I had to because they were all out because it is such a good deal.  Thanks again

Kurt
Memphis NY

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Gamb00ler,

thanks for the tip.  I have been looking for a good deal on the 2 man clam and with your help I just found it.  I just ordered one in the store out here in Auburn NY and they honered the deal on the internet.  Can't thank you enough I have been looking for one for 3 years now.  My advice to other people would be to call the store and reserve it like I had to because they were all out because it is such a good deal.  Thanks again

Kurt
Memphis NY

:thumbsup: :clap:

no sweat... we want pics of your next outing though!!!

~ G

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Gamb00ler,

Kurt
Memphis NY
Find out if you can buy a regular Trap seat to fit in it.  You may want one after sitting in thise chairs for a while!

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2007, 11:06 PM »
they aren't a bad shanty, there are just a few quirks with them people should be aware of. one is like jimmygunns says they have folding chairs. the second reason is that without the weight of those chairs in there the sled flips forward quite easily. the bp2 does not have a trap link on the back. other than that, with the tow hitch and the cover it is a very good value. it is just an old version of the guide without the seats. same sled as the guide. you can buy boat seats for 30 bucks a peice, find scrap flat stock for free or next to nothing and build your own seats for way less than what clam sells them for.

by the way if anybody in th chicago area ever gets bored and wants to talk ice fishing, i work at the gurnee bass pro shops in the fishing department every tuesday.

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:42 AM »
is this the old version of the guide b/c i jsut got a guide at cabelas and it came with two of the built in seats on the slide bars....gander mtn had the built in chairs too..
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:05 AM »
Seems like a sweet deal

Offline IrishIce99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am number 1. All others are number 2 or lower."
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:26 AM »
Thats a great deal! BP seems to have some good deals this year for ice fishing, my friend just bought a fish trap scout from there for $160, and they were 200 at gander mtn.
Support local bait and tackle shops --> Jay-Ve <br />   

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2007, 08:29 AM »
is this the old version of the guide b/c i jsut got a guide at cabelas and it came with two of the built in seats on the slide bars....gander mtn had the built in chairs too..

it is an older version of the guide because it has the old ice armour cover without the trap link door on the back. it also has no seats built onto the sled. it comes with two camp style folding chairs. it has the same sled and the same brackets as the new guide.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.