Author Topic: No ice  (Read 4811 times)

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
No ice
« on: Nov 17, 2007, 02:00 PM »
ugh, I want to cry while I type this, just woke my lazy @$$ up on a saturday and drove all the way to berlin in the cruddy weather, got to jericho, white caps! not a bit of ice, not even skimmed over, the wind was sooo strong ripping through there, the ice never had a chance :(

I checked nay pond and cedar pond as well with the same results. I am sure the water is ready, it just needs a break from the wind and it'll be good. hopefuy but the time I get back from texas I can hit some hard water!!

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
Re: No ice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2007, 02:06 PM »
3 more weeks!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2007, 02:08 PM »
3 more weeks!

.....and I will be living in the Berlin area so I can give LIVE ICE REPORTS!

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Anytime you want the ice-conditions on Jerico or Cedar, just give me a shout.  I live in Berlin and work pretty close to Jericho.  Could've saved you a trip.  Was up in Burlington and lake Champlain was whitecapping right over the breakwall in town.  Definitely no ice however several small bogs were skimmed over.

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Neil Thanks for the report nun  the less it helps to know.It'll come Art

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2007, 08:21 AM »
Anytime you want the ice-conditions on Jerico or Cedar, just give me a shout.  I live in Berlin and work pretty close to Jericho.  Could've saved you a trip.  Was up in Burlington and lake Champlain was whitecapping right over the breakwall in town.  Definitely no ice however several small bogs were skimmed over.

Hey I hear that some of the lakes up there look like a city when it comes to shacks up there.  Are there any lakes that hold trout that are not hit hard?

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2007, 10:08 AM »
I have seen cedar pond mid winter before, looked like no matter where your shack was, you could touch someone elses shack with a long stick. looked an awful lot like meredith bay during the derby, I think most of the guys are trying to slam the smelt though. I have never seen more then two or three people on jericho, and I dont know what fishing preassure on nay pond is like, im curious though, its a gorgous pond.

~Neal

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2007, 02:49 PM »
Cedar Pond is slammed with bob houses all winter.  Not a lot of tip-ups (not much room for them).  Most are jigging for smelt.  Nay Pond has very little pressure and last year I rode my sled across Jericho on numerous occassions and didnt see one shack all season.  Not sure how the fishing is there.  Plan to check it out this year though.  I usually fish lake umbagog, the fishing is good but very few trout.  Mostly perch, pickeral, and bass.  Easy access though at the launch and plenty big enough to spread out some tip ups.  If you have a sled you can access it from the snowmobile trail and fish some really nice secluded bays, sheltered from the wind.  If you are interested in fishing this lake, we can try to hook up this season and Ill show you a back way in via the sled trail. 

Rene

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Nay pond has smallies and largies. however, in the past three years its getting choked by milfoil. its one of the worst ponds in the state when it comes to milfoil.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2007, 03:57 PM »
blah milfoil! does that stuff hold pretty thick even in the winter? I know a bunch of lakes in florida that arent even fishable because of that stuff.

~Neal

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2007, 04:06 PM »
i really don't know. its a real shallow lake, but could be fun to mess around on. look up christine lake.......you want to talk about a beautiful lake. its on a top of a mountain and holds some huge browns. can be tricky riding up the road in the winter. if its a heavy winter you need a snowmobile or hike two miles. its located in stark.......right above milan. probably 15 mintues from the milan county store
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2007, 07:44 AM »
I think that when I get up there, Christine Lake will be one of the places I target. 

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2007, 08:24 AM »
we use to put our bob house there for years. its can be really cold and windy up there and the fishing can be slow at times. however, the result can be worth the time that you put in. the far end of the lake seems like the best area. in the summer its an incrediable place to swim.........clear and cold water. you might want to check south pond in stark, which is about 10 minutes past christine. it holds trout as well......we use to troll flies in the open water months and catch a bunch. i know a bunch of people that like to go there in the winter months

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2007, 09:03 AM »
any size to the fish?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2007, 10:53 AM »
i remember browns in the 2 to 4 pound range......with the possibility to catch bigger

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:29 PM »
wow, just checked out both of those lakes, thye both look really cool, good mix of species in south pond as well. gonna have to try those out this year for sure!

~Neal

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:28 AM »
christine is beautiful.......quite the hill getting up there

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:34 AM »
christine is beautiful.......quite the hill getting up there

I would be riding my sled to get in. I have heard it is pretty nasty in the winter to get in by vehicle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.