Author Topic: most perch caught in one day  (Read 7153 times)

Offline gone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:most perch caught in one day
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2004, 08:48 AM »
jacksmelt you got me all heated up how must ice do you have thanks  :) :) gone

Offline Reel_Magic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • First one out Last one back!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2004, 10:00 AM »
Back about 1982 pior to zebras i had a clam bed we would perch fish on here on Erie. Don't recall a count being done but we used a snow shovel to put the fish in the barrel. We filled a 55 gal barrel plus some five gal buckets. 12 feet of water spredders minnows and perch eyes.  We fished this area for years. Zebras put an end to that. I have done very well out of the boat also. To really put the numbers out you need to get smooth and quick. Remember they still trap net perch here and Canada still gill nets perch and eyes. So anything we do to conserve the fishery is a drop in the bucket. Also we have a 30 perch limit now.

acsacmboy

« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2004, 09:08 PM »
the three of us have gotted over 500 one day. about 100 jumbos. kept about 75

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2004, 09:39 PM »
True, I've caught hundreds in a day as well, but my best perch fishing day was when I caught only 11, 10 of them were about 2-3 pounds!!!
The other one was a dink, lol  :D
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline NJ_ICE_HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Come on Cold!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2004, 10:04 PM »
A lot of the perch in Maine are wormy, especially in the infested ponds and lakes.  No one really eats them up there.

Offline NJ_ICE_HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Come on Cold!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2004, 10:12 PM »
On my favorite hometown lake........the white perch start running late season and not always, but I have seen over 500 fish go one the ice from one hour time period of dusk till dark.  All of us get in  tight cirle to jig like 40 ft of water.  The more baits in the water the better.  Tripple jig lines with a kastmaster and 2 teardrops.  Its fun.  Once you catch them they blow their guts up and the others eat it.  Its a feeding frenzy once they get going.  Even if you try to put them back ....most of the time they die cause their air bladders pop.  Good thing not too many guys fish for them or know about it cause it would prop hurt the fishery.

Offline mrlongbeard1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flags up and rods bent...
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2004, 11:25 PM »
 I caught 138 on Sodus Bay Ontario lake NYS. Only about 30 keepers though. I was catching them on a gold thinfish until a pike stole it.Never seen those lures since.
When the ice is on. I'm on the ice.

lip ripper

« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2004, 12:01 AM »
i was out yesterday and caught 103 but only kept 13
Albertas Lip ripper

mooseslayer

« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2004, 11:19 PM »
HEY GONE  ,GOT 18IN. OF GOOD ICE AND FISHINGS BEEN GOOD SO FAR THIS YEAR. IF YOUR INTERESTED IN PERCH FISHING AS WELL AS NATIVE BROOKIE,LAKER,SALMON+WHITEFISH FISHING JUST EMAIL ME AND WE'LL PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER.IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FISH WITH BECAUSE MY DAYS OFF ARE MON.+TUES.BY THE WAY THERE ARE NO LIMITS ON PERCH ANYWHERE UP HERE.THEY ARE NONNATIVE TO THIS AREA.JAN.1TO3 ME AND MY BROTHER WENT OUT AND TRAVELED EVERYWHERE ON THE LAKE WITH HIS P-UP. NO PROBLEMS WITH ICE UP HERE.

timmo

« Reply #39 on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:53 AM »
well since you asked the all important question how many ? well about two years ago on canadarago lake me and a buddy caught four five gallon pails of two pound perch all were keepers avg size 12 -15 inches on micro light rods and tear drop jiggs tipped with spikes id say we had some sixty fish between us another guy had a feed bag full and said he was selling them at 350 per pound the whole fish but i think the dec got him and his brother for selling crappies the state record perch could easily come from canadarago lake in the spring the females are so full of eggs that they pop like a cork from a bottel when pulled from last ice holes

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2004, 08:02 AM »
Timmo - not asking you to give out your hot spot but where is a good place to set up tip-ups and also do some jigging? South end around weedline? Sunken Island? North End for Walleyes? Any info is appreciated. My family has a place less than two miles from the lake and we get together once or twice a year and ice fish Canadarago but usually with little success. We release all fish. Any info appreciated. I'm very familiar with the lake  just haven't had good experiences ice fishing it.

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Jacksmelt is right up in maine where i  live and fish yellow perch are thrown to the Birds.Or bounced of the ice and nocked around.Where I fish for White perch its great every year at any day I can jig 1 line with my zercom and fill a five gallon bucket in 3 hours its great and I can walk out to it 100 yards and killthem the locals all fish for trout and salmon and they laugh at us .There is only 1-2 guys who fish here and not much.And they never use flashers.Salmon,trout,lakers thats all the fish for.Perch fisherman and cusk fisherman are looked down to like white trash.
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2004, 10:30 AM »
im with you jacksmelt!!i LOVE perch hockey.oh boy once those little babies freeze up you can really happy gilmore the crap out of them!!seriously ,i prefer  to catch something a little bigger :'( :'(

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Another Mainer I new it.But I can say that im one Two.SEE what im talking about .Say Yellow Perch in Maine and you better not say you eat them or fish for them or it will get UGLY

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #44 on: Jan 15, 2004, 11:09 AM »
no not ugly , funny maybe!  :D they are just so small :-\  hey loveice you gonna make the pike derby on long the 25th?

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #45 on: Jan 15, 2004, 11:23 AM »
sadly enough 2 is the most I've caught in 1 day.  Then again I don't really fish in perch waters.  The lake I usually fish does have an increasing perch population so someday maybe.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 15, 2004, 11:26 AM »
I dont know I live in millinocket how far is that from the lake drive time.Is that Feb 25 or Jan 25 But it looks like sebago is a go.I love lakers.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 20, 2004, 07:53 PM »
Oh yeah!!! lake Manitoba is a gold mine for Perch. A few years ago I went with a close friend of mine and we caught 525 in a 6 hr period. man I had no time to grab a sandwicj. What a time!!! I love it. hey have you ever caught walleye ice fishing on this lake????
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.