Author Topic: FUNNY NICKNAMES -  (Read 19667 times)

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
FUNNY NICKNAMES -
« on: Jan 05, 2007, 03:42 PM »
On the ice, we seem to have some names that have evolved for certain types of people - or better yet, what they do.  I was wondering if anyone else had some good ones.

Squatter - Guy who steals your hole after you catch a fish and leave to get bait.

Mice - Guys that come out and drill 213 holes before even getting a pole out. (swiss cheese)

JV Team - Guys that come out and have no idea what they are doing. (junior varsity)

BMW - (Big Minnow waster)  Guy who is never happy with his minnows action and constantly wastes them.

Guppies - Guys with WAY too much gear and not enough knowledge. (play on yuppies)

Buckets - Guys that only sit on buckets.  Normally will catch more fish than the guppies.

Nancies - Guys that can't take the cold and cry about it.

heykinus - Guys never has stuff he needs and asks you to get it ("Heykinu grab me that skimmer?)

Ramp Champs - Guys that won't even drive on 20" of ice no matter how many vehicles there are.

Any others you guys got??  I need more ammo.

STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Re: FUNNY NICKNAMES -
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Bojihawks- guys who make fun of every kind of fisherman there is.
just made that one up hope it makes your list
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Logan22

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish-a-holic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2007, 05:31 PM »

;D LOL!
Born to FISH, Forced to WORK!

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2007, 06:38 PM »
Lugnut or Dewfuzz .... The guy who comes out at two O'Clock with an axe chops a hole the size of a Clydesdale  and expects to catch something !

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2007, 07:59 PM »
(sunken) jackhammers- guys that seem to think the best way for checking ice is to walk half way accross the lake and start jumping and hoppinh as hard as they can to see if it holds...... they sure will find out quick if the ice isnt safe.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Beer B!@ch-  the first person who spills a beer, is shut off for the rest of the day and has to keep handing full ones to all the others

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2007, 08:50 PM »
lol couch potoes people who care about there comfort more then fishing lol

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2007, 09:25 PM »
what would you call someone who gets his dad to buy everything for him, has a underwater camera but has to have me set it up then forgets it at the cabin everytime we went out >:( has to get someone else to take the frozen fish eye off his hook from the day befor, whines about the wind, says there isnt enough light when he had 3 lanterns and me and my other friend were using moonlight and werent complaining, complains about the minnow smell and wont stay out long enough at night and makes us stay fishing close to the cabin because he doesnt want to waste gas on his sled ??? then complains that he never caught any walleyes, burbot or perch. then he leaves to go snowboarding and me and my other friend go back out farther and find the perch within 15 min. what is one name we can call him, he is a good friend to fish with during the open water season and on warm days on the ice or when we are in a shanty but wont stop complaining. right now we just call him a variety of names, most are too vulgar for the site so i want one name to call him that will make him shut up.

Offline icefishermandave

• IceShanty Rookie
  • i do!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2007, 10:24 PM »
squeezers: guys that dont know a thing about ice fishng and come up like 10 feet away from u and start fishing  >:(
fishing isn't a matter of life and death its much more important!!!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Maggots-The guys that have never fished where you are and see you catching fish and maggots his way into your spot. :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2007, 11:13 PM »
nubbiecakes-someone who has never icefished before ;)
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2007, 05:37 AM »
what would you call someone who gets his dad to buy everything for him, has a underwater camera but has to have me set it up then forgets it at the cabin everytime we went out >:( has to get someone else to take the frozen fish eye off his hook from the day befor, whines about the wind, says there isnt enough light when he had 3 lanterns and me and my other friend were using moonlight and werent complaining, complains about the minnow smell and wont stay out long enough at night and makes us stay fishing close to the cabin because he doesnt want to waste gas on his sled ??? then complains that he never caught any walleyes, burbot or perch. then he leaves to go snowboarding and me and my other friend go back out farther and find the perch within 15 min. what is one name we can call him, he is a good friend to fish with during the open water season and on warm days on the ice or when we are in a shanty but wont stop complaining. right now we just call him a variety of names, most are too vulgar for the site so i want one name to call him that will make him shut up.

Hasbeen- someone who you take fishing and "has been" fishing with you for years but complains to much that his last ice fishing trip "has been" his last with you!

Offline Colli2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2007, 05:47 AM »
How about Wuss-Man?

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:08 AM »

I would call him GONE because he would be.  :woot: ;)2
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

pinche

« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:25 AM »
CRAMPER !! Always cramping on your good time

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2007, 11:37 AM »
"Ya-know's"   The guy who knows everything, but could'nt catch a fish if you put it on the hook for him
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Beer B!@ch-  the first person who spills a beer, is shut off for the rest of the day and has to keep handing full ones to all the others

Thats got to be a man rule or something :thumbsup:

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Thats got to be a man rule or something :thumbsup:

Funny I was fishing at my shack one day and a group of guys came over that I had never met. Of course I offered them beer and they gladly took it. One guy spilled his and Beer B#%ch he was for the rest of the day. I thought it was only my group that had that name, but I guess it is common law with alcohol. He who wastes it, is Beer B@#ch!

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Sally, Stacey, or the ever-so-catchy Va-Jay-Jay!  Hope you can figure that one out.  I don't think it's that offesive & relates to the proper term for this!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2007, 02:40 PM »

LOL..you remind me of the last guppie that got a ride to the truck from him buddy on the back of a 4 wheeler after getting some good ol boy ribbing on the ice.  I am a mouse so I get my share of comments also...I perforate and Vexilate and if you don't want to listen to 30 minutes of 2-stroke..you better find another bay other than the one I'm on...it didn't seem to bother me...and I'm the one fishing.

Here's another one:  Deaf fish hog - Guy who is local, fishes eveyday on the same lake.  Then yells at you "How many holes you need to drill to catch fish?" after 30 minutes of ice mining.  I said "As many as it takes to put fish on the ice"  Little hint to people that don't like mice and know a lake - I will drill 75-100 holes per day when I travel to fish.  Since these are public lakes you have 2 choices:  1.) Maybe give us some tips as to what is working and help us put the drill to less use and you get peace and quiet.  Probably don't have to worry about us fishing it dry...we're in the area for 3 days.  2.) Buy ear plugs.   Thats it and that's all for choices.  Hell, you might even make a friend and get a hot lunch.  Or you can pedantically piss and moan about the noise, out of staters, and sit in a state of general annoyance...I'm not quite sure why anyone would ever chose option #2. If I pay $50 plus for a license...I'm either going to go throw 4 gallons of blue gas, or I'm going to be cleaning fish.  One thing is for sure...I'm not going to tip toe around some buckets.  I know one thing is for sure.  I've never met a mad who could talk smack over a 3hp Jiffy lit up.

I'm the guy that brings 2 gallons of chili, twice the bait I need, plenty of everything...I like to converse and I like to share my success locations and expect others to share theirs.  However, if someone thinks that any part of a 6700 acre lake is "theirs"....they'll think again after I'm there.  I went throught that at Devils Lake...soemhow I guess the "guide" there actually read the same chalk board at bait shop as we did and then says "Didn't figure you guys would follow me that long."  Course we were fishing when he got there.  I guess I've never figured out why anyone wouldnt want fellow anglers to share in their sucess.  And if you can't take a good natured ribbing and nickname on the ice...well...maybe someone needs to head back to the lodge and watch some Lifetime TV with the ladies.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #20 on: Jan 07, 2007, 03:20 PM »
LOL..you remind me of the last guppie that got a ride to the truck from him buddy on the back of a 4 wheeler after getting some good ol boy ribbing on the ice.  I am a mouse so I get my share of comments also...I perforate and Vexilate and if you don't want to listen to 30 minutes of 2-stroke..you better find another bay other than the one I'm on...it didn't seem to bother me...and I'm the one fishing.

Here's another one:  Deaf fish hog - Guy who is local, fishes eveyday on the same lake.  Then yells at you "How many holes you need to drill to catch fish?" after 30 minutes of ice mining.  I said "As many as it takes to put fish on the ice"  Little hint to people that don't like mice and know a lake - I will drill 75-100 holes per day when I travel to fish.  Since these are public lakes you have 2 choices:  1.) Maybe give us some tips as to what is working and help us put the drill to less use and you get peace and quiet.  Probably don't have to worry about us fishing it dry...we're in the area for 3 days.  2.) Buy ear plugs.   Thats it and that's all for choices.  Hell, you might even make a friend and get a hot lunch.  Or you can pedantically **censored** and moan about the noise, out of staters, and sit in a state of general annoyance...I'm not quite sure why anyone would ever chose option #2. If I pay $50 plus for a license...I'm either going to go throw 4 gallons of blue gas, or I'm going to be cleaning fish.  One thing is for sure...I'm not going to tip toe around some buckets.  I know one thing is for sure.  I've never met a mad who could talk smack over a 3hp Jiffy lit up.

I'm the guy that brings 2 gallons of chili, twice the bait I need, plenty of everything...I like to converse and I like to share my success locations and expect others to share theirs.  However, if someone thinks that any part of a 6700 acre lake is "theirs"....they'll think again after I'm there.  I went throught that at Devils Lake...soemhow I guess the "guide" there actually read the same chalk board at bait shop as we did and then says "Didn't figure you guys would follow me that long."  Course we were fishing when he got there.  I guess I've never figured out why anyone wouldnt want fellow anglers to share in their sucess.  And if you can't take a good natured ribbing and nickname on the ice...well...maybe someone needs to head back to the lodge and watch some Lifetime TV with the ladies.
You could have made that post al ot shorter by just saying, I will fish on top of you if I feel like it, and then I want you to tell me all your honey hole locations, I'll feed you if your nice to me, and if you have a problem with any of that and want to say somthing to me about it TOO BAD, I'm gonna run my auger wide open until you shut up, or move somewhere else.

Your a riot.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 07, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I think we need a group hug. I am not feeling the love.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #22 on: Jan 07, 2007, 03:51 PM »

Here's another one:  Deaf fish hog - Guy who is local, fishes eveyday on the same lake.  Then yells at you "How many holes you need to drill to catch fish?" after 30 minutes of ice mining.  I said "As many as it takes to put fish on the ice"  Little hint to people that don't like mice and know a lake - I will drill 75-100 holes per day when I travel to fish.  Since these are public lakes you have 2 choices:  1.) Maybe give us some tips as to what is working and help us put the drill to less use and you get peace and quiet.  Probably don't have to worry about us fishing it dry...we're in the area for 3 days.  2.) Buy ear plugs.   Thats it and that's all for choices.  Hell, you might even make a friend and get a hot lunch.  Or you can pedantically **censored** and moan about the noise, out of staters, and sit in a state of general annoyance...I'm not quite sure why anyone would ever chose option #2. If I pay $50 plus for a license...I'm either going to go throw 4 gallons of blue gas, or I'm going to be cleaning fish.  One thing is for sure...I'm not going to tip toe around some buckets.  I know one thing is for sure.  I've never met a mad who could talk smack over a 3hp Jiffy lit up.

Ilike it way to say it. I like to go talk to the guys for a little bit to see how they are doing

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 07, 2007, 09:18 PM »
All I can say about this thread is  :o :o :o :o

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #24 on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:17 AM »
Wannabeepro ,guy that watches to much TV and gets the idea that it takes 255 holes to find the fish when all he had to do was ask the local pro sitting 15 from him if he could point him in the right direction..Can also be known as a Disher,can dish out the ribbing ,but gets sissy panys when someone throws a shot at him ;D

Offline ladyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 08, 2007, 08:18 AM »
Sally, Stacey, or the ever-so-catchy Va-Jay-Jay!  Hope you can figure that one out.  I don't think it's that offesive & relates to the proper term for this!
I think his name should be Whiner - because that is what he is.

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2007, 07:50 PM »
On the ice, we seem to have some names that have evolved for certain types of people - or better yet, what they do.  I was wondering if anyone else had some good ones.

Squatter - Guy who steals your hole after you catch a fish and leave to get bait.

Mice - Guys that come out and drill 213 holes before even getting a pole out. (swiss cheese)

JV Team - Guys that come out and have no idea what they are doing. (junior varsity)

BMW - (Big Minnow waster)  Guy who is never happy with his minnows action and constantly wastes them.

Guppies - Guys with WAY too much gear and not enough knowledge. (play on yuppies)

Buckets - Guys that only sit on buckets.  Normally will catch more fish than the guppies.

Nancies - Guys that can't take the cold and cry about it.

heykinus - Guys never has stuff he needs and asks you to get it ("Heykinu grab me that skimmer?)

Ramp Champs - Guys that won't even drive on 20" of ice no matter how many vehicles there are.

Any others you guys got??  I need more ammo.

Jerk-  Person who makes two--four 8"or 10" holes and leaves them unmarked.  This happened last year and one man drove his quad into one of the two 8"hole but didn't get hurt.

Offline jigmasterjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2007, 08:26 PM »
lest you not forget the 'Ice holes'

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2007, 09:46 PM »
 Gumboot- person that only has one speed-SLOW and can't keep himself from goin over his waders when fishing/hunting
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:07 AM »
You could have made that post al ot shorter by just saying, I will fish on top of you if I feel like it, and then I want you to tell me all your honey hole locations, I'll feed you if your nice to me, and if you have a problem with any of that and want to say somthing to me about it TOO BAD, I'm gonna run my auger wide open until you shut up, or move somewhere else.

Your a riot.

Oh now i understand what he was saying LMFAO
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.