Author Topic: pics of shacks with wheels  (Read 6786 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
pics of shacks with wheels
« on: Dec 05, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I am hopimg to get wheels on my 6x12 this week.The skids work good on the ice ,but wheels will make it alot handier to get to the lake.Anyone have pics of how theirs is set up?thanks

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
Re: pics of shacks with wheels
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006, 12:31 PM »
This is a great post.  I'm putting the finishing touches on a 6x8 shanty.  Three runners with attached slats of Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) Polyethylene.  It's heavy but I can still move it with my Honda Foreman 450.  The wheels would be a nice option to have.
I CAN clean fish.  My wife, on the other hand, prides herself in the art of filleting fish.  I mean to tell you, she can fillet ANYTHING, therefore I call myself "The Lucky Man."

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I think what I have decided to do is build a small trailer with a winch. Going to be very basic,just a place for the skids to ride up and onto it.and a axle. It will see less than 50 mile road time each year so this should work good.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Here is a picture of my dropdown fishhouse I built. It raises and lower with a long bar, although I am going to put some hand winches on it. It is a little to much for me to do by myself, I can do it by myself with a come-a-long. I can tell you this It would be much easier to do it before the house is on the frame. I did not have a plan I just looked at one my buddy has and took measurments off his. I pull it with my truck and load my wheeler in the back of my truck. The only time I use this house is when I am going to spend many days on the lake. Scroll down pic.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Very nice set up    now draw up the plans and material lists  for us all!   Im sure you could make a few bucks!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Very nice set up    now draw up the plans and material lists  for us all!   Im sure you could make a few bucks!

ya no kidding! sweet place man!

Offline hawgeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:28 PM »
ya no kidding! sweet place man!

How do you respond to these comments and post pictures? I'm lost, been watching this site for a year and want to partake now, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:42 PM »
How do you respond to these comments and post pictures? I'm lost, been watching this site for a year and want to partake now, any suggestions would be appreciated.

looks like you have the replying to posts figured out. Now get a photobucket account and load the pics to that site. then post the link here.If you have problems you can call me,might be easier to talk you through it.

Offline hawgeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2006, 04:41 PM »

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Nice house, where did u get the trailer suspension??
Here is a picture of my dropdown fishhouse I built. It raises and lower with a long bar, although I am going to put some hand winches on it. It is a little to much for me to do by myself, I can do it by myself with a come-a-long. I can tell you this It would be much easier to do it before the house is on the frame. I did not have a plan I just looked at one my buddy has and took measurments off his. I pull it with my truck and load my wheeler in the back of my truck. The only time I use this house is when I am going to spend many days on the lake. Scroll down pic.
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

kjb

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2006, 05:15 PM »
I know you probably can get them cheaper, but I found them here:

http://www.fishhousesupply.com/traileraccessories.htm

Scroll down almost to the bottom.

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2006, 02:49 AM »
KJB,
      I built the suspension myself. All you need is leaf springs, weld in spindles, and wheel hubs,tires and wheels. The best thing I can tell you to do is find someone who has a drop down house and look at how it was built. Some are built with susp. and some without. If you can weld and have a metal cut off saw you can do it yourself. Look on the net under fish house supply(goggle). or fish house trailer.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:49 AM »
Mine's too ugly for pictures.  Some people mistake it for a dumpster.  :o ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline hawgeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Nice house, where did u get the trailer suspension??
I bought this unit from a guy who built it quicklike to he could take it fishing that winter, it was unfinished on the inside, all plan jane, no carpet or finishing on the walls. I took it from there and now its been named the Holiday. Great release system, its as mobile as any other shack.

Offline DRabbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2006, 01:58 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=26743.msg247598#msg247598

there are some pretty decent pics of our wheel systems in this old thread. might be of some help, if you have any questions just ask, its all homebuilt.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2006, 02:44 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=26743.msg247598#msg247598

there are some pretty decent pics of our wheel systems in this old thread. might be of some help, if you have any questions just ask, its all homebuilt.

Do you have any problems with the wheels wanting to tip in at the top(twist)?

Offline DRabbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 06, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Its built pretty heavy and we havent had any problems with that yet. The pipe which the shaft from the tire arm rotates in is real thick stuff, probably at least 1/4 inch thick, so that should be plenty strong.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.