Author Topic: Crappie Fever  (Read 5983 times)

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
Crappie Fever
« on: Aug 17, 2002, 07:54 AM »
Anybody got the fever yet?  I have it big time! :P  Crappie are going to really turn on here in Nebraska within the next 2 weeks.  We are finally getting some cooler weather and it is getting me excited!! :) :)   Hope we have that El-Nino winter they are talking about!  We need the moisture, and I hope it gets down to -20 deg all winter!  

I hope to hook into that Turdy Pound Crappie!!!  8) 8)

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

HarryD

Re: Crappie Fever
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2002, 11:54 AM »
where ya located at walleye4 im in Omaha . looking for a new ice fishing partner this year hate going bymyself but if no one wants to go i go alone 8)

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2002, 05:30 PM »
I live in Minden!  Email me your address at [email protected] and I'll keep you posted on the fishing!  I am always looking for someone to fish with!  I am going to Harlan this weekend, the crappie are on the go!  I always have somewhere to go in the winter where the bite is good!

Crappie4ever

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2002, 06:38 PM »
I love to fish for crappies and want to try them under the ice.  What method and jig do u suggest?

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2002, 07:07 PM »
I use a wide variety of lures for ice crappie!  I use 3/4" tubes, jigging rapalas, teardrop/waxworm, small spoons, swedish pimples, and once in awhile minnows!  It all depends on the body of water I am fishing!  I have different tactics for different lakes!  Just try a variety of the above mentioned lures and you will find something that will work!

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2002, 04:28 PM »
I live in Indiana, the ice isn't on yet and I can't wait!
I have duckhunting to keep me going until then.
I have found that minnows and colored maggots work well when the biting is slow.
the weather is getting colder now so It won't be long now!!! :)
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

ivpush

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2002, 08:13 PM »
HarryD,
I too live in the Omaha metro area.  No one ever goes with me, they all want 24" of ice.  I did fairly well on crappies on walnut creek.  Any of the lakes in town have decent walleyes through the ice?  Maybe we can hook up this winter.

dwight zahnow

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2002, 07:06 AM »
The crappie in the Omaha area are easy enough to catch
on Werspan or Zorinskey but has anyone found a way to catch some with some size? Catch 6"to 9" all day but can't seem to do well with the bigger fish. Any advice for a Minnesota guy.

Frozinutts

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2002, 08:01 PM »
daffeydone, where are you at in Ind.  I,m on the Oh-Ind. border  Frozinutts

ryfisher

« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2002, 03:12 AM »
hey i am from indiana also. get pretty big crappies around the northern part. last yeah i got a 16incher!!!!!! it was sweet. couple times we limited out nothing was under 9 inches!!

later

Fish-Hunter

« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2002, 12:37 PM »
ryfisher;

we got to go Crappie fishing together some time..........when we get some ice......again....

mngonefishing

« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2002, 05:35 PM »
had to hold off on fishing for a few days because of x-mass. went out to day had a blast. it warmed up and it was hot all day. we had caught 15 to 20 crappies in the morning then it slowed down, then my son landed a 27" northern on 4 pound line. I guess i taught him right. we didnt keep it but it was fun.  when we left tonight i know we had caught at least 50 pan fish. we took about ten home to eat. this was the best day we have had ice fishing this year. ;)

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2002, 05:30 PM »
frozinutts,I live on the west side of indiana,but I have relatives on the ind/ohio state line,I pass through there three or four times a year. I fish tri-county during the summer for crappies and gills. maybe we can hook up and catch some slabs.

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2002, 05:33 PM »
ryfisher, where do you fish? you seem to have some bad luck, not with fishing so much, but just the journeys!

ipunch2u

« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2003, 05:33 AM »
Any crappies slayers in SE Wisconsin.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.