Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Ice Fishing Iceshanty Tips board is sponsored by
Polar Bird Ice Shelters
Sep 19, 2017, 07:23 PM
Click here to order with free shipping.

Team Iceshanty Patches! Most iceshanty boards are represented

Author Topic: Ice Shanty Plans  (Read 236666 times)

Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Personal Text
Re: Ice Shanty Plans
« Reply #140 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:24 PM »
That guy in the pic is using a Ronco Pocket Fisherman which has not been made in over 30 years.  I discount that whole publication based on that one photograph unless there is compelling reason not to. Those guys are just pandering fools - both "to" and "are" types.
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #141 on: Mar 14, 2017, 09:39 PM »
I probably have that issue of Mother Earth news in a tote in my basement.  Note the publication date was 1986, about the right for the pocket fisherman and the fishin magician.  Built a wood burning stove and metal brake from their plans, cool down to earth stuff.

tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #142 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:29 AM »
I just sold my collection of Mother Earth News last month. It was a great magazine in that era. It got so like so many magazines it was more adds than articles.

I think it was Rapalla that put out a rod similar to the one in the photo. I think that my son has the one I had.

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved