Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Ice Fishing Shanty
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | KitteryTradingPost | Cabelas
Sep 02, 2014, 07:58 AM
Team Iceshanty Mock T's
Full chest logo/iceshanty.com printed down the sleeve.
Iceshanty Proshop

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?
The Iceshanty.com Ice Shanty Tips Board is sponsored by

WholesaleOutdoors

Author Topic: Ice Shanty Plans  (Read 201899 times)

Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular

Re: Ice Shanty Plans
« Reply #120 on: Oct 16, 2012, 03:41 AM »
I built this hut just after christmas. 1/2" plywood floor and end walls.Bought a tarp for the sides and top. Got old skies that are on 12" high runners that are hinged so when pulling the hut its 12" off the ice. when we are ready to set up they fold up and off to the side. Made it to fit my truck bed so tailgate can shut. Its heavy, needs 2 people to unload and load. but pulls not bad by hand. Awesome for me & the kid.

How does this style hold up in wind?  I'm looking at building one like this but being able to have it somewhat quiet in the wind and not having the side cave in on me either

$ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict

• My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #121 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:20 PM »
It worked out great. I have 1 bar that holds the 2 ends apart thus making the sides taunt. Warm, easy to heat. I made a small fold up shelf for the back wall. ONLY draw back is the weight. 2 people can handle it with no problem but buy your self- forget it. I stacked on top of it when folded up everything you can think of and had no problems all on a Smitty sled base. Honesty it held up better than my clam flip over

Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #122 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Yeah im plannin on building one like this and put it on some kind of sled so I can pull it around easily

campingonh2o

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #123 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I just finished my shack, it is 8x24 with 5 holes. It is solar powered and is hauled with a scissor trailer, The nice thing is if it breaks through the ice i can come back in the spring and get it lol  Here is a couple of picture

[/IMG][IMG]

Chris338378

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #124 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Campingonh2o, that is an AMAZING shanty to say the least.  It looks better than some hotel rooms I've stayed in.  I bet you could make a lot of money making them and selling them and the plans.CONGRATULATIONS on a GREAT shanty.

NorthWoods Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict

• A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work!
« Reply #125 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:51 AM »
Campingonh2o, that is an AMAZING shanty to say the least.  It looks better than some hotel rooms I've stayed in.  I bet you could make a lot of money making them and selling them and the plans.CONGRATULATIONS on a GREAT shanty.

x2! VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

bart

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• I love you, Deb
« Reply #126 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:56 AM »
campingonh2o, I'd spend time in that shanty even if I wasn't ice fishing! Nice!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #127 on: Nov 14, 2012, 02:00 PM »
New Ice Shanty Plans web site.  http://www.shantypods.com

The link did not work.  Does anyone have a picture or built one. ? Is it just s Ontario hut?
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

hounds

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict

• If it were easy just anyone would do it !!!!!!!!
« Reply #128 on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Nice set up.................... ..looks comfortable too.

fishing_yooper

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #129 on: Nov 26, 2012, 03:54 AM »
Any idea what it weighs? The idea of using a pontoon is GREAT!!

campingonh2o

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #130 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:41 AM »
I have not weighed it but just the pontoon no motor should have been close to 1400lb acording to my research.

I tried to keep weight down but actually was not terrible worried about it. I figured if it has no motor it saves #300 and i removed motor mount to save another #100. So the 1/4 luan interior weights a little less then the motor did  (and is now spread out over boat) and the windows weight about the same as the motor mount. That leaves the wood structure and roof panels. My main goal was will it float  and float level. Not that i will use it as a "houseboat" but  "if" it does break through i do not want to have to recover it from the bottom.  I move this with a single axle older pontoon trailer with a hand crank. It handles it very well now granted i do not intend on taking on the highway as it is 10ft from the water at my pond. I would feel comfortable hauling  this on the highway if i had a good dual axel trailer.

P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #131 on: Aug 12, 2013, 04:19 AM »
very nice going

WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• See ya on da ice!
« Reply #132 on: Nov 19, 2013, 07:13 PM »
I live in a camp trailer, it sort of looks a lot like my livingroom.     Nice job!

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | Cabelas
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved