The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone start buying yet?  (Read 7313 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone start buying yet?
« on: Sep 20, 2017, 06:20 AM »
Just wondering if anyone started to order any new iceseason gear yet????
Myself,i ordered a few new Spring Bobbers,a new spoon whit a chopper on the end,and some ice line.
Man the iceseason is starting early BIGTIME FOR ME this year.it aint even bow season yet. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anyone start buying yet?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2017, 07:27 AM »
I just got a new Marcum LX-5I. I was using my buddy's last year and then they clearanced them out and I got one at a great price.  I cant wait for sub zero temperatures. Im hoping for a long ice fishing season this year.

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2017, 07:43 AM »
I loaded up on a ton of stuff from ganders going out of business sale. I have a lifetime supply of jigging raps now....and many other lures I never would have bought to try if they hadn't been 80% off......:-), lots of new things to play with, now if we can just get rid of this mini heatwave to let our lakes cool properly for an early freeze up :-)
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2017, 07:48 AM »
 ;D

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2017, 07:57 AM »
;D
(Image removed from quote.)

Haha ain't that the truth!!

No purchases for me yet other than stocking up at gander, still waiting for the nils to get into stock and hoping amazon has a good deal on the Milwaukee drill before ice season! Every year my shopping list seems to get longer instead of shorter... ???  ;)
Da Pack!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Nope. I was pretty much set to go last year and we didn't get the chance to get out very much so I'm still set up and ready to go. I might get the ice kit for my Lowrance 4x elite but that ain't a priority cuz I have the ice-45.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2017, 08:55 AM »
I ordered in LED lights for the portable shack. Also ordered and received my jigs for this yr. Thank you Custom Jigs for the fast turn around👍🏻

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Bought a new set of ecwcs polar weight baselayer from Cabelas. They were on a good sale and had a gift card to use up. When I was there they already had some ice gear out.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:08 AM »
Nope. I was pretty much set to go last year and we didn't get the chance to get out very much so I'm still set up and ready to go. I might get the ice kit for my Lowrance 4x elite but that ain't a priority cuz I have the ice-45.

Is the ice kit for your lowrance used in a hub or flip over?? I got a good way to get a ram mount set up to work with the lowrance units.. on flip overs like seen in photo so it is closer to your eyes .. only offering a suggestion cause I know my eyes are getting tired and old.. this way all you need is the pti-wbl lowrace trancduecer and a battery plus ram mount parts. I like mine better then setting it on the bucket in a one man flip most of all when their is no room for a bucket to set it on..

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:11 AM »
i bought a ton of the tungsten ice jigs with diamond heads. seen a sale on them and couldn't pass them up. Same thing with moon beam jigs for pans.
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:12 AM »
Wow,,at least im not the only guy with icefishing on my mind.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:28 AM »
Ended out buying a brunton heatsync vest. To keep warm wile hole hopping I already have a brunton resync..  so had to have the vest..  the resync charges usb devises..  it is basically a battery lithium polymer battery a USB and a solar pannel.. all in one.. nice thing is it runs a heater vest like the one I bought and other heating items..  so had to have it it sort of like the milwaukee fuel jackets that run off the battery packs for power tools..  any how all ideas for ice fishing are better then none..

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Is the ice kit for your lowrance used in a hub or flip over?? I got a good way to get a ram mount set up to work with the lowrance units.. on flip overs like seen in photo so it is closer to your eyes .. only offering a suggestion cause I know my eyes are getting tired and old.. this way all you need is the pti-wbl lowrace trancduecer and a battery plus ram mount parts. I like mine better then setting it on the bucket in a one man flip most of all when their is no room for a bucket to set it on..

(Image removed from quote.)

it's a soft bag with a caddy, transducer and battery.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lowrance-reg-Ice-Pack-Kit/2077549.uts

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:34 AM »
You know me Pal, I never stop working on or buying ice fishing gear.  So far I got: 2 Northland Buck-Shot Rattle Spoons, a pack of Northland Dropper hooks, two packs of Northland Impulse reactionary baits, a pack of Moon Jigs, a pack of Custom Jigs & Spins Demon Jigs, a pack of Custom Jigs & Spins Rat Finkee jigs, two Custom Jigs & Spins Slender Spoon Pro Series, and a Custom Jigs & Spins RPM Rotating Power Minnow.  I also got skis to make my Smitty Sled. 

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2017, 10:51 AM »
it's a soft bag with a caddy, transducer and battery.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lowrance-reg-Ice-Pack-Kit/2077549.uts

Only problem is if you have a flip you can't set it any ware like I can't ..  with my tired old eyes it's hard to see sitting on ice..  if you got a hub shanty you can at least set it on a bucket..

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2017, 12:47 PM »
I just picked up some free stuff (Cabelas points) including some 4# p-line floroclear and an over priced lure. I ship to Christiana, DE  en route to where I play gigs and thus avoid PA sales tax and shipping. ;)

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:32 AM »

Only problem is if you have a flip you can't set it any ware like I can't ..  with my tired old eyes it's hard to see sitting on ice..  if you got a hub shanty you can at least set it on a bucket..

I have a Clam Bigmouth. It's basically a Scout with the expandable front bar. I usually don't set my flasher on a bucket but I could if I wanted to. There's plenty of room for my flasher, a bucket on the side for "stuff" and still have room for my little buddy heater. All with room to maneuver. And that's before I expand the front bar.

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2017, 07:23 PM »
 I'm pricing refrigeration units that are big enough to freeze a 100acre lake.... haven't found any deals yet  ;D

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Sep 25, 2017, 08:27 PM »
I'll donate and help you collect for it.

CowDawg

« Reply #19 on: Sep 28, 2017, 09:37 PM »
Well, talking to Chez today...  (that's non-stop).....  ;D  getting some ideas on pull over hut lighting..   I ordered up some LED strip lights tonight and will modify the sled while it's still warm out!!!

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2017, 11:00 PM »
Milwaukee M18 fuel drill, About 20 more Fiskas jigs to add to my collection along with a Bug Luggage storage box. Another TUCR Precision Noodle. Before the season starts I plan on getting a small hardcase for my TUCR's and some of those LED strip lights for the roof of my hub. Hopefully ice season won't start mid January this year...
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2017, 06:09 AM »
Glad you ordered up some lites Cowdawg!!!!
I think they will help bigtime....
Spiders hut lites up Great.
No lantern needed.makes more room to pile up the fish.!!!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2017, 08:23 PM »
Welcome back for the season CowDawg, glad you're back. 

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but this year's big purchase will be a STRIKER ICE PREDATOR Jacket to match the bibs I got last year. Been looking on the internet for the best price. Hope to have it by next month!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Good luck with the jacket Ruttnutt

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:08 AM »
If I see any deals I'll pass them on.  What size do you need?

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 2017, 12:25 PM »
Thanks guys- hoping to find an XL TALL.

Of course while searching the web for the Jacket, I also found a nice Sweatshirt and trapper hat I "need" now!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2017, 04:35 PM »
A trapper hat?????????,

CowDawg

« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:22 PM »
A mad trapper hat Rut???  hehehe I won't even question that one!!!

Got my package today!!!  LED lights for my Shappell !!  Now to do some wiring in this nice warm weather!!!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 04, 2017, 05:04 AM »
A trapper hat. yeah, you know, nice and toasty. Fur lined, ear flaps. I Got a few cheap ones. Never could wear one for long, makes my head sweat too much.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.