Author Topic: Metered line  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Metered line
« on: Sep 19, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Would like to know the distances between the clear and colored and visa versa on the new metered line by Clam.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Metered line
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2017, 07:12 PM »
I checked the catalog and they don't say anything about the distance. I tried checking on the internet and found nothing! Good luck!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2017, 08:13 PM »
I would have to double check with customer service but if I remember right it was 8 inches of color then 12 or 16 inches of clear. in the mono the color is orange/clear and in fluoro it is chart./clear, the braid is not meter and only comes in smoke or hi vis yellow.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2017, 04:51 AM »
I would have to double check with customer service but if I remember right it was 8 inches of color then 12 or 16 inches of clear. in the mono the color is orange/clear and in fluoro it is chart./clear, the braid is not meter and only comes in smoke or hi vis yellow.
Will wait for your double check. Thanks.

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2017, 04:55 AM »
I checked the catalog and they don't say anything about the distance. I tried checking on the internet and found nothing! Good luck!!!
Thanks for helping.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2017, 05:18 AM »
I PM'd Monticatgeek about your post. He's a rep for Clam, so I asked him! Hope you find an answer!! :)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2017, 11:24 AM »
cant you just measure it?  what is the application in ice fishing for metered line?

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2017, 12:10 PM »
cant you just measure it?  what is the application in ice fishing for metered line?

He's asking the measurement because he doesn't have any to measure.

As far as the measurement it's so you can detect line movement easier.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2017, 01:07 PM »
From Sunline they have two products that change color after 35 cm or appox 13 inches ...not sure about the Clam Frost Line up but all I could find

Shooter Metan Invisible Fluorocarbon

Invisible is a colored version of Shooter. It features stripes of brown, green and gray coloring every 35cm. This camouflage makes it even more invisible than standard fluorocarbon. Sunline is one of the few companies able to dye fluorocarbon. The stripes allow you to tie your lure on in the color section that is best for the water conditions you are fishing. Brown is a good choice for stained water. Green is good for clear water. Gray is a good choice in rocky areas and stained water

Shooter Metan Green

This is a green version of Shooter that features three colors of green which allows you to tie your lure to the best color for the water condition you are fishing. Every 35cm the color changes to a different green. The three shades of green will blend into any grass color or light condition.

http://www.sunlineamerica.com/shooter-metan-invisible-fluorocarbon/

http://www.sunlineamerica.com/shooter-metan-green-1/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2017, 08:45 AM »
He's asking the measurement because he doesn't have any to measure.

As far as the measurement it's so you can detect line movement easier.
Couldn't have answered his two questions better myself. As for line movement, learned how to tightline many years ago and enjoy fishing using that method. The length of each section, especially the hi-vis, will determine if I buy this product or not.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:18 PM »

if this was directed at me the reason I can't measure it is because I don't plan to run this line. I have always been a Berkley Micro Ice line fan. just because I am not running this line my self doesn't mean it is a bad line I just choose to stay with the micro ice. as for application it comes into play with those that like to tight line (the color section makes detecting a bite easier on the eye then if it was all clear). also helps in that if you want to get to a certain depth but you don't have electronics to see how deep you are, so then you just count the number of section it takes to get to the depth you want and then if you get a bite or need to do something you can drop back down to that same depth by counting the sections.  to the original poster I have a email set off to customer service and once I hear back from them I will message you the exact lengths of each section.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.