Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Scheels in Des Moines  (Read 2645 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Scheels in Des Moines
« on: Sep 18, 2017, 09:56 PM »
Stopped by Scheels in Des Moines and they were just starting to put some ice gear out! Mostly last years jigs, some ice line, a couple otter shacks and some clearance augers. The jigs and power augers were on clearance. Picked up a couple VMC tingles and a couple rattles. About 35% off regular price.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Scheels in Des Moines
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Any Acme hyper glides on clerance? I thought they looked like a joke last year, but now I'm want one.....mostly because I don't have one. lol

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2017, 09:25 PM »
Not that I saw.. they only had about 1/4 of the jigs up on shelves. I felt like I was just in the way the whole time. Prolly have to go back in a couple weeks, hopefully by then they have all of their stuff out by then. Too bad we still have months to wait.....

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2017, 08:14 PM »
I'm only in my second year of really getting into ice fishing. I'm hooked already and love looking at all the gear. Is there anything I must have to make my time in the ice more enjoyable?

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2017, 07:56 AM »
"Must" is a broad and loaded word to ask ice fisherman. Open water, line and hook are a must. As far as enjoyable, warm toes. Get a good pair of boots-no shortcuts.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Ice picks, spud, float suit!! It's not fun if you drown!! :o
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2017, 09:41 PM »
fish on the ice also!   

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Stopped by today, slowly getting more stuff out. Hoping to see a clam kenai shack in person. Well at least take a serious look since I haven’t really be interested in a one man shack til recently. Please keep everyone up to date when you see ice gear at your local stores.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Weekly scheels update: haha. Des Moines has probably 80% of their stuff out been looking a one man shacks and they had a legend X1 Jason Mitchell or some sort of special edition. Nice shack just really like the idea of a flip and go shack. Had 3-4 others on the shelves they usually have and the step children (the superior otters) were towards the window to the north. Lots of flashers but none on display yet. Most tackle was out, lots of choices. Hoping they get a kenai pro thermal in. Pretty set on one but want to sit in one before I decide. They had lots of the accessories left to put out but it got me very pumped to stop by next week when they get everything out. Also had scheels branded buddy heater bags which are superior to the mr heater ones.

Cedar Falls: happens to be around cedar falls so of course I stopped at scheels. They had a few shacks as usual, lots of striker suits and most accessories out already, they they have a little less space and the selection looked similar to years past. Finally got a hands on with an lx6 and an flx 20. Ruled out the lx6, that screen is just too small. Flx 20 is sweet! Will definitely be getting one of those this year.

That's it for this week. I'm ready to bow hunt and get my mind off of this horrible obsession for a bit.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Stopped in today. They have a good amount out now. I could of spent half the day in there looking.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Did they have a clam kenai of some sort out yet?

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2017, 08:39 PM »
Honestly I'm not sure. I spent most of my time looking at everything else since I already have a shelter. They had a lot out though.  I may be back this weekend. If I am I will let you know.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Scheels in Des Moines is completely stocked. I stopped by yesterday and it was awesome!!!! Spent 3hrs and a few Bucks as well. All of Clams new shacks were set up and on display. Some otters and plenty of hub styles. Tons of gear as well.

Offline vogastyle88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2017, 11:20 PM »
I bought a kenai pro thermal last year at fleet farm in Ankeny and I love it. I'm 6'2'' 300 and there's plenty of room. Put the buddy heater in and your comfortable well into the negatives

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2017, 08:48 PM »
I bought a kenai pro thermal last year at fleet farm in Ankeny and I love it. I'm 6'2'' 300 and there's plenty of room. Put the buddy heater in and your comfortable well into the negatives

Good to know, I really want to see one in person, I would hate to get one site unseen and the first time I sit in it, I find out my head rubs on the top of the tent. Tried a frabil recon and an Eskimo quick flip both too short. I really wish they still made the runner thermal. I'm pretty confident it will be just fine but I have to get hands on haha.

Offline todalake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:46 AM »
I have the Clam Legend XL Thermal,  not sure if they still make them.   I'm 6'4" and 340# and plenty of room with heater.   Only problem they can be tippy if you slid forward on the seat.
Clam Base Camp Thermal
Clam Legend Thermal
Nils 6" Lazer 5" & 7"
Ridgid 1300#
Clam Plate/extension

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.