Author Topic: LX9 Update?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline pyro261

• Team IceShanty Regular
LX9 Update?
« on: Sep 15, 2017, 09:05 AM »
Anyone heard anything about a possible update this year?  I know the webpage for the LX9 firmware has been down for months now... Probably not a good sign haha. The download link for 2.31 that you can find on a different page doesn't even work.

Should I give up hoping for an update ever again? When I first contacted Marcum regarding a problem I was having, they told me the new firmware that was coming out would fix it. This was two and a half years ago.  Last year when I asked about it, they said it was available for their field staff and would be out soon. Well here we are another year later and still nothing.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: LX9 Update?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2017, 12:15 PM »
I spoke with marcum recently and mentioned the firmware links are broken and he took notes.
There were a few issues with their web page. He showed me a way to get to the firmware using their search engine, so it isn't removed. The firmware is the old 2014 version still.
I did take  a poke at any news on lx9 firmware and he said it is in the works still and would be available for this season.

What issues are you having?

Offline pyro261

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2017, 10:26 AM »
I'll see if I can find the old thread that has pictures posted, but my problem since I've had the thing has been a lot of clutter/interference whatever in deep water.

When I spoke to the rep/tech last year they also said that it would be available for this season, so I'm skeptical at best about that.

Edit: here is the thread from last year. Looks like you already responded in that before though so nothing new to you. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=334426.msg3544266#msg3544266

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2017, 07:01 PM »
have you tried a different transducer or power cable or battery or anything?

i live near bc if you want to try using two lx9's to see what we can figure out if you want to. i have two ice ducers and a new m5 shuttle to see if any thing helps with your problem.
i fish up to 60 feet and never seen mine do that.
it looks like some thing in the water it's picking up. almost like it's picking up the ping that's bouncing off the bottom. being it's only green, you should still see fish as orange and red.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2017, 08:30 AM »
LX9 firmware needs several tweaks to the interface, transducer ping on/off option for those who just want to use the camera and not listen to the constant ticking, additional screen view configurations, optimize the GUI so onscreen navigation moves faster (video playback screen in particular) additional quick key shortcuts, shallow water transducer gain fix they implemented for the LX6/7 years ago...etc

I submitted all of these ideas and others to Marcum years ago....it's been almost 4 years since their last LX9 firmware release...

Offline pyro261

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2017, 08:04 AM »
have you tried a different transducer or power cable or battery or anything?

i live near bc if you want to try using two lx9's to see what we can figure out if you want to. i have two ice ducers and a new m5 shuttle to see if any thing helps with your problem.
i fish up to 60 feet and never seen mine do that.
it looks like some thing in the water it's picking up. almost like it's picking up the ping that's bouncing off the bottom. being it's only green, you should still see fish as orange and red.

I've tried all three of those things. The bottom 5-20' of the flasher dial is pretty much all orange or yellow when I get in real deep water. I was on Grand Traverse Bay in 160' back in 2015.  Made it real difficult to see fish, but was doable as they were still red.  There was not another flasher turned on within a mile of me at least so interference from another flasher wasn't the cause.  The SS in the thread I linked was from a different lake.  I probably will never be in BC, but I appreciate the offer.  My buddy has an LX7. His works fine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.