Author Topic: Looking to hit NH hard water for the first time this winter.  (Read 643 times)

Offline Hennyhog

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello All,
My wife and I want to plan a 3-4 day getaway this winter up in NH to fish. We are from central MA and love our local ponds but they don't freeze early enough, nor keep ice come end of March. Having said that we enjoy renting houses on lakes up in NH with our kids during the summer and would like to do the same...this winter to just fish.

I'm not asking for folks to give out their favorite spots (I know how Shanty works down here in MA) but more your suggestions on what bodies of water should be looking to rent a house on. We are primarily Bass fishing people but wouldn't mind hooking into a pike or two. Also we'd like our travel no further north than say Gorham if that helps.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Henny

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Looking to hit NH hard water for the first time this winter.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:26 AM »
How early do you want to travel north.  Think about Maine too.   Not much around the Gorham NH  area?

Dick

Offline Hennyhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2017, 02:39 PM »
We were hoping to fish last week of the year (my work shuts down & kids out of school) but now we are shooting for Feb vac seeing how everyone I emailed with houses for rent up in the lakes/white mtn area said it's a crap shoot whether there will be ice on their ponds.

So now....I guess we'll be considering ME as well. I like to keep it under 3.5hrs when traveling with three kids in the back seat if you know what I mean.

Henny

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2017, 12:21 PM »
if you are thinking maine try Belgrade...mainewilder nesstours.com......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Hennyhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2017, 01:03 PM »
Thank you kind Sir.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.