Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Sep 25, 2017, 02:57 AM
Support Iceshanty... Get some great gear and forum goodies... Join The Iceshanty Militia

This board sponsored in part by

Author Topic: The Next 90 Days  (Read 329 times)

WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Long Live the WARRIOR
The Next 90 Days
« on: Sep 12, 2017, 05:51 PM »
This is that time of year , at least in NY where I fish, that we usually consider to be about 90 days away from the first ice trip.

What does everyone do, aside from obvious answers such as working, to keep sane while waiting for ice. I am still doing a lot of gardening, home improvement and hiking since it is still late summer.

My problem every year is that after the last lawn mowing in  October, the last item harvested from the garden in October, etc. is that I start to fixate too much on the upcoming ice season. The month of November is pure torture for me because I don't do that much hunting anymore ( and it never was close to being equal to ice fishing anyway ). If December disappoints with temps. too warm to make ice, I get really upset.

How do you all stay calm and not get too anxious for first ice ?
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Re: The Next 90 Days
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 06:21 AM »
Go get into some fall fishing. There are countless opportunities. Catch some fish. And ill kill a deer or two.
Embrace the struggle. Love the chase.

RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2017, 07:06 AM »
i fish for pannies most of the time open and hard water, so what i do is find where the pannies
are now,because that is where they will be come 1st ice [most times] and mark the places on
my maps and what i used [color] to get them to hit,NOTE [ each fishing trip is put in my book]
just to old to remember all the things now
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

don519

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Finish all they honeydew items the wife has for me catch a couple salmon before archery season kill a couple deer with my bow then with my gun while spending as much time in the woods with my son as possible and do some small game hunting then get all my icefishing gear ready before we get safe ice

pmac3

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2017, 09:54 PM »
Fishing for wild browns and rainbows in the Blue Ridge Mountains until the winter trip to NY
Pete

Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2017, 09:41 AM »
I second fall soft water fishing, if you pick the right lakes. I actually managed to catch a 30" Laker on light spinning tackle recently. They're back. Also, on the other hand tourists have all gone home and back to school, and the waters are deserted again like in Spring. If you can find a warm/calm day, it's a really great time of year to be out.

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved