Author Topic: Have you guys seen this?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Dakota-Lew

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Have you guys seen this?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:17 AM »
ummmm.... yea... no thanks. That is an insane price tag. 

I just take my boats GPS and move it over to the my snowmobile. It has every fish i have ever put on the deck/ice for over ten years on it.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:20 AM »
It looks cheap.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:33 AM »
If you have seen what Panoptix can do it might make you feel better about the price. 

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:58 AM »
If you have seen what Panoptix can do it might make you feel better about the price. 

That is totally cool, I don't know if it is 1800 dollars cool though
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Like any new technology, it should eventually come down in price.  This thing looks pretty sweet though, I know I want one!

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:04 AM »
I’ve always thought the mystery and the hunt of the fish is a big part of what makes it so fun.  Sure it’s nice to have things to shorten the learning curve, but it makes me wonder if we are ever going to get to a point in which it gets too easy (the technology shows us exactly where the fish are everyday).   I think we are quickly approaching that.   And then the question is, how much would you pay for such technology and would that ruin the whole experience.  I kind of think it would.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Dtro- yeah the PS22 is 999.00 all by itself > Watched those videos last year and made my own panoptix rig for ice fishing this year.

Used Echomap 92 Sv and used ps21 panoptix transducer - 1000.00
2 new Lifepo 4 batteries in parallel  total of 48 ah            - 260.00

All other equipment and material already owned. Compare to other lithium shuttle systems and their cost. Effectively you can drill one hole and see what going on with a 100 ' radius. No other unit is going to give you that much coverage on the ice.

During open water season last year and this made me a huge believer in the panoptix. Plan to use the power pack for night time fishing in boat to power all my built in lighting.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline pyro261

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:11 AM »
If you got $1800 burning a hole in your pocket...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-electronics%7C/pc/104793480/c/104735880/sc/110951280/garmin-echomap-plus-cv-panoptix-ice/2583079.uts?slotId=1

I'm curious... Does this unit have two ducers on it or something?  I watched videos of people using the panoptix ice fishing, but it was out of their boat and they rigged up something custom with pvc to turn the ducer.  Is there any information at all about this new unit besides the description on Cabelas? 

Offline cardinalsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:32 AM »
I'm curious... Does this unit have two ducers on it or something?  I watched videos of people using the panoptix ice fishing, but it was out of their boat and they rigged up something custom with pvc to turn the ducer.  Is there any information at all about this new unit besides the description on Cabelas?

My guess is it comes with two transducers, the Panoptix and a regular ice fishing transducer along with this thing that's similar to the PVC rig the guy was using in the videos last year. 

http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-electronics|/pc/104793480/c/104735880/sc/110951280/garmin-panoptix-ice-mount/2583080.uts?slotId=2

Looks like my link isn't working but you can see it here below the $1,800 unit

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/_/N-1105957?CQ_view=list&CQ_ztype=GNU&CQ_ref=~brand-Garmin

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:46 AM »

Woah, that second video is crazy, you can see the auger as he gets through the ice. Cool technology, certainly out of my price range though.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:12 AM »
I rarely say, "I gotta have this", but I keep Googling and watching YouTube videos like a junky. Very cool tech coming out of Garmin.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:22 AM »

Garmin Panoptix PS22 transducer
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/599991

Garmin GT10HN-IF Ice Transducer
http://www.cabelas.com/product/GARMIN-GT-HN-IF-ICE-TRANSDUCER/2588910.uts

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Something else to think about.  Garmin just got a $38 million bill for patent infringement on Navico's electronics.  I don't know how well off Garmin is as a company if this might hurt their bottom line or not.

http://scout.com/outdoors/bass-fishing/Article/Jury-Verdict-Rules-in-Favor-of-Navico-Garmin-to-Pay-38-Million-i-107284914
Don

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2017, 05:29 PM »
That is crazy.  Technology just keeps getting better.

Woah, that second video is crazy, you can see the auger as he gets through the ice. Cool technology, certainly out of my price range though.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Like any new technology, it should eventually come down in price.  This thing looks pretty sweet though, I know I want one!

Dido....2yrs it will be $500

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:39 PM »
Dido....2yrs it will be $500

Maybe.  The Humminbird 360 transducers have been out a few years now and they still cost the same 1,499 and 999 that they always did.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Sep 13, 2017, 12:47 PM »
i was in a boat with a panoptix attached to the trolling motor.  we didn't use it to watch strikes but that thing showed us where the fish were within a 75' radius.   it was absolutely crazy.  when the price comes down it will be in my boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.