Author Topic: ice house mods  (Read 811 times)

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ice house mods
« on: Sep 10, 2017, 10:12 PM »
hey guys. ive got the itch and the season is coming closer and closer.

just took posession of an 8x8 ice house and was looking for some ideas on how to make it the home away from home.

power supply ideas are #1 on the list, looking forward to a great season.

show me what ya got!

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice house mods
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2017, 01:27 AM »
What are you looking on having?  If just lights and a radio just a battery would suffice.  If you are looking at TV, fans, forced air furnace then generator and power converter.
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2017, 01:46 AM »
yeah, plan on keeping it pretty simple. an good ways on wiring it up to a battery?

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:54 AM »
When I did my skid house, I bought an actual fuse block and grounding block from NAPA.  I ran 10 Gauge wire to the two blocks and 16 gauge to the LED lights(mandatory) and cigarette lighter/USB combos.  If you decide on getting a fan to push the heat down, go with computer fans,  the cheapo 12 volt vehicle fans are a huge amperage draw.  For the battery I would not go any less than a model 27 Interstate battery.  If the Inside is already finished Home Depot has the Cable management tracks that you can hide your wires in.  Hope you have a good time in your new Shack. 
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2017, 12:55 PM »
If planning to keep it simple what about a solar charger from  harbor freight or similar hf sells big solar pannels 20%off is why I bring it up  connection should be very easy it 12 volt for Pete sake you got a red you got a black and that's it lols.. inbetween the two is the item your powering lol's  for 12 volt use a parallel connection for the batteries connect all postive to red and connect all black to negatives like rail road track are parallel.. if looking for 24 volt  if your using 2 batteris a series connection it ls needed plus to minus of one then the extra plus and minus goes to your devices .. If doing 24 volt and have 4 batteries ???  you need to series two together then  put the two batteries ganged together in parallel to the other two and so on and so on that's called a "series-parallel connection... "" most just go for  12 volt nice thing is if your truck is 24 volt you can jump the bank of your truck if its 24 volt or you need a genarator to charge it and special equipent on 24 volt.. so keep it in mind of what you have at hand and what's easist to do. The rest is wiring the fuse block for power distibution  wich is two wires red and black.. you don't have to fuse the black wire but will need a ground distibution  block... next you need a power distribution  block in it then out make sure not to over fuse or under size the wire .. Google is your friend any how I am always around if more question arise and please take lots of pictures we love them here ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.