Author Topic: Patriot's Day  (Read 987 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Patriot's Day
« on: Sep 10, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Just a reminder that Monday, 9/11, is Patriot's Day in remembrance of those who died on 9/11/2001. A moment of silence and/or prayer would be appropriate.  :'(

OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Patriot's Day
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2017, 06:26 PM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2017, 07:39 PM »
 :angel :angel :angel  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2017, 08:28 PM »
Just a little FYI.    8.46 am Eastern Daylight time is the requested moment.      :bow:

See the link, for the Presidential Proclamation.    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/08/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-september-11-2017-patriot-day

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:05 AM »
 Will never forget!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:12 AM »
Probably the biggest game changing day in my lifetime.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:50 PM »
One of sadder days in my life and the history of the United States. I was a young child when President Kennedy was killed so do not remember much about that day which I also know is one many people can tell you where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. I was on vacation at my families seasonal cabin in the South Western section of New York Catskill mountain region when 9-11 occurred getting some things at local gas station /mini-mart when I heard the news tried calling my parents but phone lines were over loaded with callers was able to reach them later in the  day. My parents kept the cabin rustic so only had a radio to listen to and get updates about the event . In a way I feel lucky not being near a TV as the media tends to over play footage from any tragic event until I get to the point of wanting to listen or see something else . No disrespect  towards anyone who had friends/family member involved in 9-11 . Being only 65-70 miles north of NYC my area has many people who worked at the World Trade Center including firemen and police officers.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.