Author Topic: Photobucket 3rd party hosting fix for Chrome browser  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Spud_bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poppin' Swedish Pimples since '96
Photobucket 3rd party hosting fix for Chrome browser
« on: Sep 08, 2017, 02:13 PM »
All the old pictures hotlinked on this site were no longer working for me. I stumbled across a chrome browser extension appropriately called Photobucket Hotlink Fix. I installed the extension and I can again browse photos. Here's a link. Hope this helps someone else.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?utm

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting fix for Chrome browser
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2017, 10:22 AM »
just installed and it works!  awesome, thanks alot.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2017, 11:47 AM »
for firefox users.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=ss

and a work around w/o using plug-ins for new posts or if you want to modify your current posts is:
IF you add ~original to the link for each photo just before this [/img], 3rd party hosting will work.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2017, 04:07 PM »

and a work around w/o using plug-ins for new posts or if you want to modify your current posts is:
IF you add ~original to the link for each photo just before this [/img] , 3rd party hosting will work.

This worked for my IE 11 browser That is pretty slick ...you win the IT award of the year...thanks for the heads up
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2017, 08:59 PM »
This is hilarious! Photobucket turns jackwagon and all the major browser providers find the workaround.

Hahahahahahahaha!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Chrome add-on works for me! We'll see how long it lasts. It'll be a battle (maybe).

Edit: Are you kiddin' me? I just realized I took all my pics off PB in a fit a rage. <sigh>  :%$#!:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2017, 12:09 PM »
just use postimage.org
they permit 3rd party hosting and are super simple to navigate and use. i have no/little advertisement/banners ect.

the work around to type in i found online. it is not my work and i just wanted to share that info here.

my photos are on imagepost now also and i am redoing the threads i feel are important to maintain here.

to keep your posts the same (if you move hosts) is have each picture as a number like pic 1 is saved as pic one on your pc and so on, and then when you upload those pics to a different host, your images are saved in consecutive order. also keep the topic as the folder name. you'll then have an archive of your posts this way and can be easily moved from host to host if need be.

photobucket does battle the work around's as they want that money. so check for updates on those plug-ins if you use them. there may be some delay between photobucket and the plug-in authors.

Offline tacklebox07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2017, 02:31 PM »
The link listed above for Firefox is for version 1.3 of the fix, it did not work for me. I did some looking
and found the Firefox fix in version 0.0.2 and this one is working fine. Hope this helps others

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2017, 03:07 PM »
The link listed above for Firefox is for version 1.3 of the fix, it did not work for me. I did some looking
and found the Firefox fix in version 0.0.2 and this one is working fine. Hope this helps others
Thanks for the tip on this. Version 1.3 wouldn't work for me either but yer version 0.0.2, "photobucket embed fix" listed in the add ons did work.

Offline mattthehairy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a beverage here man!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but folks should be aware this browser extension has some security issues and is able to see everything you're doing on the web and sends back the url of every site you visit to the developers server. https://github.com/BridgeTroll-IO/photobucket-hotlink-fix/issues/1

While it may fix the images it's probably not a good idea to use it.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - Calvin Coolidge

' \
                                 '   \
                                 '     \@
                                 '       \\
             --------------( ' )---------------
                                 '
                   ><:>      '     <:::><
                                 '
                   ><:::>   *

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor