Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Sep 26, 2017, 02:18 AM
MyFishFinder.com
Just like iceshanty but warmer

Author Topic: Marcum Lithium Shuttle released  (Read 1656 times)

hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular

Re: Marcum Lithium Shuttle released
« Reply #20 on: Sep 11, 2017, 09:28 AM »

Best one I found. If regular SLA charger is used battery cannot reach full potential.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• I'd rather be Fishing!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:02 AM »
looking forward to using my new shuttle. a milk create seems a little bulky to hole hop for me. thanks tho.
i do use and enjoy garmin products and their newest sonar line up looks promising for other sonar manufactures to incorporate. i do watch them as the progress with time.

specs on hays charger
https://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-14-6V-LiFePO4-Battery-Charger/dp/B008RPGU5E

Intelligent charger designed for 4 cell LiFePO4 battery packs.
CPU control and pulse width modulation (PWM) technology, charging current and output voltage is controlled accurately to ensure fully-charged and avoid over-charging.
Built-in cooling fan to ensure charger long service life.
Safety protection: Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Output Reverse Protection
Built-in IC to cut-off power automatically when battery is fully charged.

hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #22 on: Sep 11, 2017, 02:45 PM »
As a fellow hole hopper I understand your concern. But the main mission is to locate and catch fish. Covering a 200' diameter of any given area with just one hole. Helps to eliminate the reason to move continually. Not only that the panoptix tells which direction to move and how far. The Lake Vu Ultra map chip with hotspots also is a big help.

Just applying what I used in open water fishing onto the hard stuff. It is bulky but really light. Thanks to the Lifepo4 batteries. If it works the way it does on open water. The need to move to keep on the fish will be much faster and easier. Most guys carry something to mount their fish finder on anyways. To prevent bending on knees to see the display like the " experts" in the videos do. Just too darn old to do that anymore.

To me the increase of info is worth the bulk. To others it may not.

joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #23 on: Sep 12, 2017, 08:24 AM »
the shuttle idea is cool, but I like to keep my electronics protected in a case, the LX7/9 soft case is fine with a little modding of the strap.  How long before we see the first post of a opened Marcum bucket with a LX6/7/9 in pieces after a long run on the lake?

I would have really liked to see them build this shuttle that replaces the one in the existing soft pack..

for those who buy a new brushless M series or a new LX combo, the added shuttle price is only $150

DBV

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #24 on: Sep 12, 2017, 09:16 AM »
Agree with you.  I would rather have a carryable soft case than a bucket.  Don't understand why they did not provide both.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• I'd rather be Fishing!
« Reply #25 on: Sep 12, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Agree with you.  I would rather have a carryable soft case than a bucket.  Don't understand why they did not provide both.
because it looks like they tried to balance the shuttle better by removing the front platter to rest your transducer on when not in use. now it lays upside down in the rear of the unit next to two rod holders. kind of hard to do this with a casing around it all.
it is water tight enough for ice fishing. i wouldn't go scuba diving with it.

it also now has an adjustable angle carry handle and adjustable height. the soft side carry case would hinder this too.

i know i won't be using the bucket that came with it. there isn't much you can hurt on the unit with leads not being in the open/exposed energy and the rain/snow shield on the display. there is a warranty on it all if any thing goes wrong anyway. if some thing does go wrong, we always have the original shuttle to use while the new one gets repaired.

i think marcum was listening to the complaints of those who use buckets (must have had many of them) and couldn't get their lx6 to fit one, so they changed the shuttle they used to use (the lx6 used to use the lx7 shuttle) and switched to the lx5 shuttle. they gave the lx6 a different name after that so you would know which shuttle you were buying.
this new shuttle should become popular for more than just marcum brand because it does fit a bucket. at least that had been the complaint prior to the shuttle change on the lx6 and now this shuttle comes in a bucket so people know it fits one.

i know there is not many photos for people to check it out, so here are some of mine i took for you.

here you can see the slots built in for water draing for those who might still use a float system. under the handle is a tray for that with a drain slot that dumps into the rod holder that then drains out of the back. you can also see the handle slots that allow you to extend the handle up or down. the right pocket is the transducer stand and there are three hooks to weave the transducer cable around on the bottom and next to the stand.

one could use the battery charge port as a power tap in this lower picture.

joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2017, 12:40 PM »
i'll wait to see real world run times and how it holds up after a season, I like the idea, just wish it offered more protection for my $1,300 LX9

For those looking to use a LX-9 with it, you could easily buy some spare female snap connectors and attach them to the carry handle for the camera bag..

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved