Author Topic: Eskimo 3i pole-sleeve problem  (Read 1964 times)

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo 3i pole-sleeve problem
« on: Sep 04, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions on fixing the poles poking thru the rubber sleeves?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo 3i pole-sleeve problem
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Can you fir the pole inside the sleeve with a small PVC or rubber cap on the end of the pole?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Have you called Eskimo customer service about your problem??  Call @ 800-345-6007
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Screw protectors would have delayed the failure if they were applied when the shelter was brand new.  It has 12 trips on it and 6 poles have poken through...so its beyond screw protectors.   

I sent Eskimo an email today (Labor Day), so dont expect a reply right away. 

I see one guy went to a canvas sewing shop and had all 4 corners reinforced with nylon webbing.  Since I will most likely be biying another hub style shanty, are there any shanties out there that have reinforced pole sleeves to begin with?

I hate to buy another hub knowing the same thing is going to happen. 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Check out our sponsor, Polar Bird!! They are insulated and come with a floor!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2017, 08:19 PM »
I will check out Polar Bird for sure.  Especially the corners that touch the ice. 

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 04, 2017, 09:08 PM »
Well known problem with Eskimo hubs.  Also check out the Clam XL4000T.  I've always been very impressed with Otter products but ended going with the Clam after a friend recommended it.  One of the best hubs I've fished out of and I didn't care for other Clam products.  8X8ft and can stand without touching ceiling. 

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Sep 04, 2017, 09:21 PM »
I will check out Polar Bird for sure.  Especially the corners that touch the ice.
I'm polarbird prostaff as of last year but haven't heard anything from polarbird in awhile. but my prostaff 10 percent discount code should work for anybody interested in a shelter.if polarbird is still around.haha.i can give the code thru pm.

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2017, 07:22 AM »
Thanks guys.  I will be looking at both Clam and Polar Bird.   Appreciate the recommendations. 

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2017, 07:35 AM »
my polar bird prostaff 10% discount code still works, if anybody is interested in polarbird ice shelters..i tried it today to see if it was still validated.now back to the original topic not trying to spam or hijack the thread.lol.

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Hey guys, I got a response from Eskimo/Ardisam.  They asked me to send oicture and maybe they could find a solution!   Nice!   Will let you know if and what the solution will be. 

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2017, 07:46 AM »
The response from Eskimo/Ardisam is that they are going to send me new rubber sleeves to be sewed on. Its up to me to sew them on.  Not an optimum solution, but I will deal with it.   Good customer service for the situation. 

Knowing that this will happen again, I will add the rubber screw caps (as recommended on this site) before I re-assemble and try to get another season out of it. 

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2017, 11:28 AM »
Got 4 sleeves from Eskimo and have started cutting the old sleeves off.  Will take awhile.  Got rubber caps for the poles too.  I will go back to Eskimo for 4 more sleeves.  Might as well do them all.  I will be a "Speedy Stitcher" expert before the snow flies. 

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2017, 12:37 PM »
Ever since my post were deleted left and right.. I promised my self I will never post on this awful site,but I have a heart for you bro so I'll help you (i'v been thru this many times). You need speedy stitcher and seat belt material. You choice here is 2" and 1 3/4  2 inch is for full sleeve replacement and the other is sleeve inside a sleeve. I'll go over the second option since first is self explanatory. After u sawn a sleeve stick it inside old sleeve then let the pole push it down while holding the end. When it stops pull the sleeve back about 1/4 and use speedy sticher to attached it to the old sleeve base. Be careful not to let the new sleeve bunch up inside that's why u need to pull back on it.
Both of these fixes work great but full sleeve replacement on all seems to be a better option where as one or 2 holes fix faster by sleeve inside sleeve. Seat belt material is much strong then that Eskimo crap.
Enjoy.

Offline ThreeDogsDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Will do.  I will try it both ways.  Initially, I removed one bad sleeve.  Now I will just add one of those. Ew sleeves to get the hang of the speedy stitcher.  Then I'll go sleeve in sleeve. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.