Author Topic: Flip over shelter  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Flip over shelter
« on: Aug 24, 2017, 11:48 PM »
Looking for a 2 man flip anyone have any experience with this? Currently have a 2 man clam that is pretty spent.

Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Flip over shelter
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2017, 11:49 PM »

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2017, 09:45 AM »
i bought one and it was not good at all! even the hy-fax kit is a joke.
best take it out of your cart.

i got it super cheap too and when i asked frabill to work with me to get it fixed they just said "send it back" so i did. they could care less what i had just bought!

amazon wanted me to keep it so they dropped the price even further. it was under 180$ after they lowered the price on the phone and i told them to pick it up anyway.

i wrote a long review on amazon if you want to read it.

look for reviewed by 3300 in the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RQ7B6FLNYJDG9/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00XD5LS8W

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:10 AM »
i bought one and it was not good at all! even the hy-fax kit is a joke.
best take it out of your cart.

i got it super cheap too and when i asked frabill to work with me to get it fixed they just said "send it back" so i did. they could care less what i had just bought!

amazon wanted me to keep it so they dropped the price even further. it was under 180$ after they lowered the price on the phone and i told them to pick it up anyway.

i wrote a long review on amazon if you want to read it.

look for reviewed by 3300 in the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RQ7B6FLNYJDG9/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00XD5LS8W

Thank you for your input. 

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2017, 12:29 PM »
I got one last season, mine is the version with the jump seats and the insulated top. It's been great, no issues at all. As far as 2 man shelters go, it's not as big (wide) as a lot of the others, but it's also very lightweight compared to most (all?) 2 man flip overs. I'm able to slide it in and out of the back of my SUV fully loaded. Seats are OK, not as nice as the swivel boat style seats, but have a nice amount of padding, you can remove them and slide them around, so when I'm by myself, I take one out and slide the one seat to the middle.

I've had other Frabills that have had their windows crack in extreme cold, my Aegis has been fine so far, but the windows look like the same material. They are removable and can be replaced.

It came with "wind support bars" but I've been in some decent winds and never had to use them.

I replaced the included pull rope with one about twice as long, and I did add the hyfax kit to save wear and tear on the sled bottom. Not sure why or how it's a joke as the guy said above, works fine. If you are getting the hyfax, I's suggest installing before you install the poles and material to the sled. Much easier.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2017, 04:15 PM »
I got one last season, mine is the version with the jump seats and the insulated top. It's been great, no issues at all. As far as 2 man shelters go, it's not as big (wide) as a lot of the others, but it's also very lightweight compared to most (all?) 2 man flip overs. I'm able to slide it in and out of the back of my SUV fully loaded. Seats are OK, not as nice as the swivel boat style seats, but have a nice amount of padding, you can remove them and slide them around, so when I'm by myself, I take one out and slide the one seat to the middle.

I've had other Frabills that have had their windows crack in extreme cold, my Aegis has been fine so far, but the windows look like the same material. They are removable and can be replaced.

It came with "wind support bars" but I've been in some decent winds and never had to use them.

I replaced the included pull rope with one about twice as long, and I did add the hyfax kit to save wear and tear on the sled bottom. Not sure why or how it's a joke as the guy said above, works fine. If you are getting the hyfax, I's suggest installing before you install the poles and material to the sled. Much easier.

My buddy got the  Aegis  last season ...no issues with putting it together as described above and worked well last season ...I have and older Frabill Adventurer (kinda cousin to the Trekker which the Aegis replaced with some minor improvements )..I use sports chairs from HT ...lightens the load and saves space when collapsed/traveling. 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Whats wrong with the hyfax? The hyfax kit from Frabill I put on my recon is excellent...did they change something?

Catchin' Fish

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:04 PM »
Whats wrong with the hyfax? The hyfax kit from Frabill I put on my recon is excellent...did they change something?

I put them on my Adventurer several seasons ago ...thought they were just fine ...good thickness and all good hardware . It is easier to put them on before shelter assembly...it is difficult but not impossible with an assembled shelter. Hot 5 gallon bucket of water made things much easier . 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2017, 07:17 PM »
Great info guys thank you!  I can't wait for ice I'm getting antsy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.