Author Topic: So what 1-2 new release ice fishing Items really look like items you'll want.  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
So far a lot of the new stuff I've seen really isn't all that big of deal from what I've seen. The one new item out that I do want, and think is going to be a game changer is the Glo shot spoon by northland. With having glow sticks and not needing to "recharge" I do believe it will be a game changer when night fishing for walleye.  Other then this item, I haven't really seen any other new stuff that would really help or change the way a Guy fishes like the Glo-shot spoon would.

What new release gear is everyone else eyeing?

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have ordered the Marcum 5 Recon and the Striker Ice Transporter Bag. That gives me the c-fish camera, Marcum Showdown, and Recon 5. Also I have about 5 nor 6 bags already but fell in love with the transporter. I was also going to pick up a 4 person Polar Bird shelter but they only improved by adding 2 small windows on only 1 side and increased the price. And it was very difficult to get them to respond on time so this worries me if I need service. Every year I go into it saying I don't need any more stuff but I just keep buying.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Maybe a polar bird will see I got a 6 man that weights a ton hoping  polar bird make a lighter  shanty like a 2 t with huge windows but will see.. only time will tell

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
Helix 7 Ice so I don't have to have my phone out while searching for my GPS coordinates, and if I had the money, a Snowdog sled to tow everything around. But since I dont have money, I will stick with my FL-18, Navionics on my cell, and I am building my own Snowdog type sled to pull me around the lake. Hopefully I will have it done in  September some time...

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm liking the look of the new Clam Blazer stealth. I need a light one man shanty so I don't need to haul around my 2 man flip over when I'm out by myself. Just hoping it has a good price point!
I thought I saw a new version of the blackbetty freefall too which had a cool new look. Love my original freefall so I'll probably have to get another one if they updated it!

TUCR precision noodle, rose creek polar spoon box, and Nils/Milwaukee drill combo are all on the shopping list as well, but those aren't new for this year.
Da Pack!

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Neither of these are new but....

Eskimo Evo-2 shack.... looks really awesome. I especially like all the windows, fishable are, and the side doors.

Also really contemplating switching from my ion to a vexilar K-drill... I ended up buying a high end brushless drill that won't get much use during the winter

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Neither of these are new but....

Eskimo Evo-2 shack.... looks really awesome. I especially like all the windows, fishable are, and the side doors.

Also really contemplating switching from my ion to a vexilar K-drill... I ended up buying a high end brushless drill that won't get much use during the winter

The k drill is nice, but it is over priced for an auger. If your contemplating a switch, just get a used hand auger on Craigslist to try it out.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Northland was taking glo shot spoon orders on their website so I ordered 8 spoons different size/color.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Love the look of the Striker Ice Transporter Bag. I bought into a Wild-River-Tackle-Tek-Nomad-Lighted-Backpack-4-Trays-WT3604. I thought it would serve both hard and soft water venues and I got a smokin' deal on one. On receipt I can see why the higher price tag and I am not disappointed. Coupled with the Transporter bag and I could haul everything I own (and more) in two "baggages").

I really need to minimize/simplify but my penchant for "broadening my horizons" and experimentation preclude that possibility.

Check out http://www.sheltfishingtackle.com/unpainted-ice-tungsten-jigs-c-13/ for great deals on unpainted tungsten jigs. I bought into a couple of different sizes last year. I have yet to paint (I use powder) but you male polish guys will be fine. I'll post up once I put some heat to 'em.

/m
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
The k drill is nice, but it is over priced for an auger. If your contemplating a switch, just get a used hand auger on Craigslist to try it out.

K-drill is worth every penny, don't miss those heavy augers at all 👍

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
K-drill is worth every penny, don't miss those heavy augers at all 👍

Mora is actually lighter.. Whatever that's worth..

<°)))>{

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Northland was taking goo shot spoon orders on their website so I ordered 8 spoons different size/color.

C'mon Agro, this is a family site..... ::) :whistle:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Fixed it...lol

Offline Northern_MN Outdoorsan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mora is actually lighter.. Whatever that's worth..

<°)))>{
Mora can't redrill frozen over holes, or connecting holes. Price is higher, but I'd rather have the K Drill any day over the mora.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Mora can't redrill frozen over holes, or connecting holes. Price is higher, but I'd rather have the K Drill any day over the mora.

why can't it redrill holes or connecting holes? I've done it before.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Also, although I don't have one, I'd think a Lazer might be lighter than the k drill too...

Obviously everyone has different needs, and resources while on the ice... Based on those, will determine which aspects of gear we value the most..

To me, weight, is almost if not, at the top of my list, and price follows...

<°)))>{

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict

Blades aren't designed to open old holes. Old holes freeze up in a cone shape and without blades specifically designed for opening them (chipper blades), they can break.
Da Pack!

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular

Not sure why you would ask an open question regarding what items fellow fisherman are looking to get this year, and then argue on their reasoning? Seems to me based on your activity on this and other sites that you are trying to meet a daily posting quota....

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Not sure why you would ask an open question regarding what items fellow fisherman are looking to get this year, and then argue on their reasoning? Seems to me based on your activity on this and other sites that you are trying to meet a daily posting quota....

Not trying to post pad. Nor was I trying to argue. I seen your post, and took it that you were looking at an auger to use on your new brushless drill and were contemplating on a K-drill. Don't take me wrong I think the K-Drill is a great auger. So are Nils and a lot of others. At $250 for the 8in k-drill its not cheap to get to try out a drill powered setup. Thought a used auger for a guy to try out a drill setup would be a little easier on the pocket book if a guy just wanted to try the drill setup.

I'm not sure what the weight is on the Ion auger bits......I think they are a lighter made auger close to that of a hand auger. If you are just wanting to try a drill setup you might be able to run the ion auger with your drill. Don't know if it would make much sense unless it would be lighter then the ion power head.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Blades aren't designed to open old holes. Old holes freeze up in a cone shape and without blades specifically designed for opening them (chipper blades), they can break.

I get ya. I Don't disagree the chipper blades do reopen holes better. Shaver and curve blades do reopen holes though. For instance the Ion is used in a lot of wheel houses to reopen holes and it is a shaver blade

Offline slamer58

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was just looking at the glo shot spoon from northland, 20 years ago we used to crazy glue glow sticks to cleo spoons for night time steelhead fishing.....oh yea and they worked. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.