Author Topic: Milwaukee Drill chuck is hard to remove bits  (Read 885 times)

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Milwaukee Drill chuck is hard to remove bits
« on: Aug 03, 2017, 05:59 PM »
Bought a Fuel last fall and my auger was connected most of the winter.  I went to take the auger off and I could not loosen the chuck.  It would turn about 1/8 turn either direction and get really difficult.  I finally took some channelocks to the chuck to break it loose.  I put a phillips bit in it and tightened it.  Use it a few times and tried to take it out.  I couldn't loosen the chuck by hand again, I had to use channelocks. 

I have had Makitas and Hitachis for years and never had a problem with the chucks.  What gives?   Less than a year old, Warranty repair?
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Milwaukee Drill chuck is hard to remove bits
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2017, 08:28 PM »
Rust?????

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2017, 08:30 PM »
Take it in for warrenty work. Shouldnt be like that.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2017, 11:31 PM »
Rust?????

Exactly, had a fishing buddy have the same Prob this last spring. Used it all winter then couldn't get it off the auger on the last trip. Took it home did some work and it was all rusted up. All it took to fix it was a shot of wd. He'll be carrying a can with him this winter guaranteed or be doing show preventive maintenence before he goes out as well I with my new fuel drill
     Wyoming & Idaho    

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Take it in for warrenty work. Shouldnt be like that.
They won't, or shouldn't, warranty for rust. We don't exactly give these things the best of environments for use.  Maintenance is the key.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Even after it broke loose from the first time I had trouble, every time I tighten it now it needs a channelock to untighten.  That's not normal there's a catch or something in it that locks it up.  Doubt it is rust.   

I have used other brands on the ice for multiple seasons and they don't do that.....I will see what warranty says.   Looks like I have two authorized shops in town.

I bought this for ice, but thought I would use this around the house more, but I don't, with those 5ah batteries are heavy suckers.  I use my light Hitachis.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Even after it broke loose from the first time I had trouble, every time I tighten it now it needs a channelock to untighten.  That's not normal there's a catch or something in it that locks it up.  Doubt it is rust.   

I have used other brands on the ice for multiple seasons and they don't do that.....I will see what warranty says.   Looks like I have two authorized shops in town.

I bought this for ice, but thought I would use this around the house more, but I don't, with those 5ah batteries are heavy suckers.  I use my light Hitachis.
.                     Heavy ? Don't notice it on mine, have used it all day before, I like the run time !!!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2017, 06:17 PM »

To be honest, I haven't had any issues with either of my milwaukees. I had my 725in lb Milwaukee in last Dec. I was cranking my wheel house when the chuck spun right off. The bolt to hold it in snaped clean. Took it in fixed it no questions asked. I did have to wait about a month because they had to wait for parts.  It was like 3yrs old and they covered it 100% with warranty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.