Author Topic: Marcum Ice Troller 2.0  (Read 1299 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Marcum Ice Troller 2.0
« on: Jul 04, 2017, 10:28 AM »
looking for reviews of the ice troller 2.0 from purchases from 2016 to present. SG has it on clearance for $124 member price.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum Ice Troller 2.0
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2017, 11:55 PM »
LOOKING FOR REVIEWS FROM THIS YEAR OR LAST YEAR. EALIER VERSIONS HAD ISSUES WITH THE POWER STAYING ON

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2017, 08:15 AM »
sorry for the last post being all in caps. forgot to take the Caps lock off

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2017, 10:33 AM »
I used the mid page SEARCH function using "Marcum troller " and chose 0-400 days ...hope this helps some .

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=search2

have you considered this option ....think by the time you add on all the extras... case ,batter ,charger ...could be better in the long run

http://www.rapala.com/marcum/fish-finders-sonar/flasher-ice-systems/lx-5i-dual-beam-true-color-sonar-flasher-system-discontinued/LX-5I.html?cgid=marcum-sonar-flasherIceSystems#start=1&cgid=marcum-sonar-flasherIceSystems
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2017, 10:56 AM »
had to go out to 750. thanks. did see a few responses and after reviewing these, decided not to get it. seems that the common problem is with turning the unit on and this problem seems to keep coming up. $124 may be a great price but not worth the aggrevation. TY for your help

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2017, 02:50 PM »
had to go out to 750. thanks. did see a few responses and after reviewing these, decided not to get it. seems that the common problem is with turning the unit on and this problem seems to keep coming up. $124 may be a great price but not worth the aggrevation. TY for your help

Well if you take the $124 of your anticipated price of the troller unit and add the price of a daily cup of coffee from now till first ice (January) that'll get that Marcum 5i....that unit will get you all you need and then some (dual transducer and all)...having a flasher first ice is priceless ... best of luck in your search and purchase .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2017, 07:18 PM »
I have the marcum vx1P. was thinking light weight

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2017, 07:51 PM »
rdhammah....then maybe a Micro camera is a better option ...I have a Micro 5 w/DVR and a Micro Plus w/DVR ...the Micro Plus is a great scouting tool ...I fish mostly shallow lakes less than 15 fow ....so punching 20 plus holes over a flat is normal ...but scouting with my Vexlar FL18 is kind of pointless due to cone angle ....so drop my Micro give it a spin ...not really looking for fish but looking for structure ...weed ...and any edges of weeds or bottom composition changes....then start to fish any hole that had anything "different". The  6-8 foot flat I fish at first ice is pretty featureless ...so anything up off the bottom even the smallest blade of grass will be a hot hole . 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.