Author Topic: LX-5i Closeout Deal  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: LX-5i Closeout Deal
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Not a bad price. So is Marcum dumping the actual flashers and just going to all digital then?

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2017, 07:37 AM »
I am curious as well.  The lx-5(I)?, didn't last long.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2017, 07:59 AM »
Going to a brushless motor.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2017, 03:46 PM »
That's a good price.  I wonder if the brushes go in the LX-5i you can have them replace it with the brushless motor.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2017, 04:03 PM »
That's a good price.  I wonder if the brushes go in the LX-5i you can have them replace it with the brushless motor.

yeah that would be sweet...love my 5 even though I always wonder if today is the day its gonna crap out.  Had a digital unit for a few years now and I love it but I think I actually fish better with the 5 because I'm not always playing around with the screens and settings like I do on the 6.  Will be curious to see what marcum comes up with as far as a 5 upgrade.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:07 PM »
I snatched one up last week with that deal, I am excited for a huge upgrade.  :thumbsup:

Sounds like they are just going from a mechanical lx3, lx5 to digitalBrushless like said.  Doesn't sound like a whole lot of other changes though.. could be wrong.

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2017, 01:35 AM »
The link comes up for me as discontinued - can they still be had?  My mate has been drooling over taking whenever he can my LX-5 for years but always balks at the price of getting his own...

Personally I'm highly skeptical about the performance of LCD screens in our typical -20C and below weather, so I'll be sad that my LX-5 can't be replaced when it finally caves.

Offline DoctorPerch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Gorf,  yes it says the unit is discontinued but that is why they are on sale.  Scroll down and you should be able to get one.  I successfully did so today.

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2017, 11:00 PM »
Seems to have something to do with my location in Canada.  It even briefly showed me a tasty $329 price while loading the site and then the option to buy disappears. 

The page has a banner saying "This site is intended for United States (USA) customers only. We apologize, we cannot accommodate orders or inquiries from outside of the United States. To find the correct website for your region, click here." Which would be fine, except that the redirects available are US and International, and when one clicks 'products' on the international link it's right back to the same US site.  Maybe I'm just web surfing deficient.  I sent it to my friend so if he's that desperate to pull the trigger he can just phone them.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jul 09, 2017, 12:41 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately it is a US deal only.  :(
Goat any friends in the States?  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.