Author Topic: Bad time to buy a shanty?  (Read 1464 times)

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bad time to buy a shanty?
« on: Jun 28, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Since my Otter hub got stolen last year I'm going to need a new shanty this year. I was in a local shop the other day and they had a Shappell Fx-100 and a 7 inch lazer. Talked to the guy and said he would sell me both for $250. Seems like a decent deal but I don't know if I should pull the trigger now or wait and see what new models come out and the prices of older models are. What do you guys think?

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: Bad time to buy a shanty?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Now's a good time to get clearanced left-overs man. By fall, there's little to no sales

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2017, 04:55 PM »
Now's a good time to get clearanced left-overs man. By fall, there's little to no sales

If you have a Gander Mtn near by worth a drive 60% off ice gear they may have a house or two to your liking ....best to set a price you are comfortable/willing to pay and do some searching now ....shelters and electronics are best to by in the off season ....as new models will be coming out in the fall/winter lasts years and discontinued models can be had rather affordable .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2017, 05:01 PM »
If you have a Gander Mtn near by worth a drive 60% off ice gear they may have a house or two to your liking ....best to set a price you are comfortable/willing to pay and do some searching now ....shelters and electronics are best to by in the off season ....as new models will be coming out in the fall/winter lasts years and discontinued models can be had rather affordable .

I actually bought a whole bunch of gear just the other day from Gander. I was like a little kid in a candy store and my girlfriend couldn't get me out lol. There were no shantys left however. I watched a hub in there for a few weeks get down to $120 but it wasn't what I was after. The fx100 looks like it will suit me for what I'm looking to get out of one.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2017, 06:28 PM »
Anyone in southern to central Michigan seeing any shantys or augers at their Gander by chance?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2017, 10:20 PM »
if you can wait, shappell will be making the fx100 in an insulated version and not weigh much more than it does now. they will also be resigning it when their contract runs out in 2018 with the current manufacture. it will include dog legs or drop bars that bring and hold down the skirt sections near the tub.

i sold a fx100 that was used one winter for 180$. so they do hold their value well if you buy and resell.

that auger would be over 100$ new and the shanty   should be about 250$ new. so your getting a free auger out of the deal. sell the shanty and your set to get another one when the newer version(s) come out.
their fx200I is already a insulated option so is their wh6500I.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2017, 05:02 AM »
Honestly, I'd say there would be a lot said for buying local and supporting the small guy. He's giving you a good deal. JMHO

Offline dukhnter8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2017, 08:17 AM »
if you like that shanty, I would jump on that deal that's a he77 of a deal. Summer is a good time to buy if the place has the inventory.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2017, 10:35 AM »
Some other options if you wouldn't mind scratch & dent items.  (Amazon calls them minor cosmetic imperfections)   These come from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XD5LYOK/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ  Basically half price and free ship.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0138WC2MA/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ  Less than half price and free ship.

I would buy either one of these in a heartbeat if I needed another one and had room to store it.  :woot:

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2017, 10:38 AM »
Honestly, I'd say there would be a lot said for buying local and supporting the small guy. He's giving you a good deal. JMHO

That place gets about 80% of my business! They are some good people in there!

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2017, 10:39 AM »
Some other options if you wouldn't mind scratch & dent items.  (Amazon calls them minor cosmetic imperfections)   These come from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XD5LYOK/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ  Basically half price and free ship.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0138WC2MA/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ  Less than half price and free ship.

I would buy either one of these in a heartbeat if I needed another one and had room to store it.  :woot:

DN

That otter is the same one that I had that got stolen. That's a great buy and pretty tempting!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2017, 10:53 AM »

The original 32 stores that were set to close will do so by July 29th. The remaining stores and/or the ones which will remain as Gander Outdoors will close by August 31. So if there's deals left for folks, jump on them quickly. I'm at 70% on ice and have barely anything left.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2017, 11:00 AM »
The original 32 stores that were set to close will do so by July 29th. The remaining stores and/or the ones which will remain as Gander Outdoors will close by August 31. So if there's deals left for folks, jump on them quickly. I'm at 70% on ice and have barely anything left.

Have you come across anything saying which stores will remain open? I'm heading to my local store tonight to see if anything has changed.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Have you come across anything saying which stores will remain open? I'm heading to my local store tonight to see if anything has changed.

New logo unveiled today

https://twitter.com/marcuslemonis/status/880476615876149248

partial list of stores to remain open

https://twitter.com/GanderOutdoors/status/873562123758178304
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2017, 02:06 PM »

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jul 01, 2017, 06:48 AM »
The
gander in Tonawanda ny is at 60% off and still has quite a bit left.....well less after i visited🤑
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jul 01, 2017, 08:47 AM »
Out of curiosity what are they going to do with whatever's left after the closing date?  I'm guessing they're just going to use it to stock the gander outdoors stores or whatever they're going to call them.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jul 01, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Anyone in southern to central Michigan seeing any shantys or augers at their Gander by chance?

I put a new otter xt 650 cottage in for sale area 231.00

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jul 04, 2017, 12:57 AM »

DN
Thanks Deal Ninja! Could not pass on the Otter at that price.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:24 AM »
Congrats prospector!  I noticed the listing had vanished.  Great buy!  ;)
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.