Author Topic: Auger maintenance  (Read 964 times)

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Auger maintenance
« on: Jun 14, 2017, 09:51 PM »
Anyone else start and run their auger every month?
I have been trying to decide the best way to summerize my new auger and decided to start and run it for 5 minutes on the first day of the month.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Auger maintenance
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2017, 09:54 PM »
I start mine up and run it for a while during the off season.  I also add Seafoam and Startron in the gas mix to keep the fuel system clean and problem free from the ethanol that is mixed in our gas.  Last winter our local gas station started carrying non-ethanol gas and I'm going to use that in it anymore along with still adding the Seafoam and Startron. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2017, 08:08 AM »
I also use star•tron and sea foam , but we are  lucky  we have had non -E 91 Octane for several years , I start my auger few times during the off season , it's now 10 years old and runs great , do the same with the sno sled, sno blower , and I do the same thing with the weed eater , lawn mowers , tiller in their off season

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2017, 10:39 AM »
Anyone else start and run their auger every month?
I have been trying to decide the best way to summerize my new auger and decided to start and run it for 5 minutes on the first day of the month.

Yep....  my go to storage is to store it "wet" and start periodically through the off season my mix is Opti 2 and SeaFoam ...which is amazing .I have used a two season old mix w/o issues .SeaFoam is AWESOME .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:12 PM »
I run Trufuel in mine and don't do anything to summerize it. Every season it's started on the first few pulls after taking it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.