Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Aug 22, 2017, 02:33 PM
Support Iceshanty... Get some great gear and forum goodies... Join The Iceshanty Militia

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?
The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Missoula, Montana  (Read 1603 times)

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
Re: Missoula, Montana
« Reply #20 on: Jun 15, 2017, 11:13 PM »
HIMO. Sounds like a great trip you've got planned out. On your drive up 93 from Missoula to Nine Pipes as you crest the hill between Ravalli and St Ignatius, brace yourself for one of the most amazing views Montana has to offer. Also, since you'll have a few days in the area, I recommend you take a drive down 200 along the Flathead River and stop by Quinn's Hot Springs for a good burger (they've also got a pretty spendy restaurant as well but I stick to the bar side where the prices are lighter).

Please forgive my intrusion.     Quinn's Hot Springs is located on HWY 135 which leads north along the Clark Fork River, from St Regis on I-90, to HWY 200.
  HIMO, enjoy!

Tom

HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

• GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 16, 2017, 03:56 AM »
Thanks Tom. We leave tomorrow morning at 6:00 am CST.

HIMO

mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #22 on: Jun 16, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Please forgive my intrusion.     Quinn's Hot Springs is located on HWY 135 which leads north along the Clark Fork River, from St Regis on I-90, to HWY 200.
  HIMO, enjoy!

Tom

Thanks Idahogator. It occured to me after I posted but figured 'ah, they'll figure it out'. Drive safe Himo.

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #23 on: Jun 16, 2017, 08:24 PM »
HIMO, wishing you shinny side up and between the ditches.      :thumbsup:

Just tryin' to help, mtjigalo.   We must stomp some of the same dirt, in these parts.     ;)2

mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #24 on: Jun 17, 2017, 12:26 PM »
I imagine so Idagator. I live a few miles out of Plains the Flathead river, Clark Fork river and Noxon reservoir are my go to spots. Everything is still pretty blown out around here so I'm switching it up and heading over to the Lochsa for a couple days of kayaking. River gauge is showing between 6 and 7 feet which is a great level for whitewater. Have a great weekend.

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #25 on: Jun 17, 2017, 11:24 PM »
I imagine so Idagator. I live a few miles out of Plains the Flathead river, Clark Fork river and Noxon reservoir are my go to spots. Everything is still pretty blown out around here so I'm switching it up and heading over to the Lochsa for a couple days of kayaking. River gauge is showing between 6 and 7 feet which is a great level for whitewater. Have a great weekend.

Wow !   Yakin' the Lochsa when it's full.     :clap: :thumbsup:

May the rocks be where you aren't.        :bow:

mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #26 on: Jun 19, 2017, 02:19 PM »
Wow !   Yakin' the Lochsa when it's full.     :clap: :thumbsup:

May the rocks be where you aren't.        :bow:

Wow. I'd sort of forgotten how downright awesome that river is. Still a lot of water left in Tom Beal basin as well so this is a big year for sure. Nice thing about the higher flows is that hitting a rock is almost hard to do. The down side to that is that if you miss your roll and have to swim, it's gonna suck.

mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #27 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:17 PM »
Hey HIMO. I reckon your in this area now. If you happen to see this and have an afternoon to kill, I've got a buddy coming up with a raft from Missoula to run the Buffalo from the dam to the bridge. Room for a couple more folks. I'm following him down as a safety boater to pick up the folks who fall out and get them to shore/back to the raft. Last I checked the flow, it was well over 20000 cfs which means some of the biggest and funnest wave trains you'll ever see. Also, the float itself is awesome. PM me if you see this in time.

missoulafish

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• TēM HPē FSh
« Reply #28 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:33 PM »
@mtjigalo pretty generous offer  :)

mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #29 on: Jun 21, 2017, 12:37 AM »
@missoulafish. Yeah, I wish they (Himo and his family) could have hooked up with us today. I thought about driving around the 93 side and stopping by the lodge to look for Wisco plates but was short on time so took the Hot Springs cutoff to buffalo bridge. Great day. I busted out my old wavesport x kayak and realized that it's still probably the best river runner/play boat ever made (in my opinion).

edit: Lol. I just scrolled back up and read my previous post. Sort of makes that stretch of river sound a little meaner than it is. It's just fun class 3 with a couple spots here and there that you don't want to be. The best parts of the float are the scenery, the truly impressive wave trains and the big pool at the bottom of the last rapid (buffalo). Anyone who hasn't run a boat down that stretch is missing out. Do it.

HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #30 on: Jun 22, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Well we went to the Bison range yesterday & spent all day today at Glacier National Park. As I was driving ,the area was so big it seemed as though you could fit the whole state of Wisconsin in the area.simply stated, Montana is the most beautiful state I have ever visited to this point.Tomorrow we head to phillipsburgh,Nevada City &a Virginia City and then to our Lodge in Ennius, Mt.
                                                                            HIMO

missoulafish

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• TēM HPē FSh
« Reply #31 on: Jun 24, 2017, 08:46 PM »
yup:)

HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #32 on: Jun 30, 2017, 05:36 PM »
Hey HIMO. I reckon your in this area now. If you happen to see this and have an afternoon to kill, I've got a buddy coming up with a raft from Missoula to run the Buffalo from the dam to the bridge. Room for a couple more folks. I'm following him down as a safety boater to pick up the folks who fall out and get them to shore/back to the raft. Last I checked the flow, it was well over 20000 cfs which means some of the biggest and funnest wave trains you'll ever see. Also, the float itself is awesome. PM me if you see this in time.

hey, thanks for the offer. I did not see it. I was on my phone very little as the beautiful scenery had all my attention. we came home last nite after 13 days on the road. all I can say is WHAT A GREAT TIME the wife & I had. thanks again to all of you who offered us tips on where to go and what to see.

HIMO

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #33 on: Jun 30, 2017, 07:35 PM »
So good to hear of the great time, HIMO.      And of the safe return home, without incident.     :thumbsup: :bow:

Tom

mr.clean

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• new windsor,ny.
« Reply #34 on: Jul 01, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Himo nice to read the wife and you had a great trip and made it home safely. Did either of you try any wild game dishes on the trip such as elk or buffalo? I know any wild game at a restaurant is farm raised and will taste slightly different then a true wild animal but I've had the pleasure of eating both and find elk and buffalo delicious.
Steve

HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #35 on: Jul 01, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Himo nice to read the wife and you had a great trip and made it home safely. Did either of you try any wild game dishes on the trip such as elk or buffalo? I know any wild game at a restaurant is farm raised and will taste slightly different then a true wild animal but I've had the pleasure of eating both and find elk and buffalo delicious.
Steve

oh yeah, we had Elk and Buffalo. antelope too.

HIMO

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved