Author Topic: Small light perm?  (Read 1132 times)

Offline IceKingggg

• IceShanty Rookie
Small light perm?
« on: May 10, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Hello all!

Doss anyone have any input on how to make the sturdiest and lightest ice shack possible?? I am looking for it to be enough room for me and my brother and small enough to cram it in my pickup truck (even if it doesn't fit pretty or is on an angle for me to strap down!), I would also like it to be able to place this by myself and move it around easily... anyone have any thoughts or pictures? Anything helps a ton!!

Thanks a ton!!

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lightest possible shack?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Are you wanting a permanent shack or mobile? Mobile I think that pop ups are the lightest.

I have been thinking of trying to build a permanent shack out of metal studs instead of wood. For easy transport I thought about hinging the walls so that I could pack it flat in hopes making it easier to pull by hand and not need a machine. Once at my location I would stand up and attached all of the sides then attach it to the floor and roof. Once the studs are attached to each other they become quite sturdy.

Using the metal studs I think that it could be bigger and still weigh considerably less making transport easier but the loss of weight might be bad for keeping it in place. Perhaps anchors would be needed.

I haven't built anything yet but this is an idea I have been thinking about for the past few years or so.

Offline gofish33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gone fishin
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:36 PM »
STriker Ice - suit .  No shack needed.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 01:50 AM »
IceKingggg use the search feature in upper left corner of page. A few years back some one posted photos of a shanty he built using corrugated plastic panels (Corroplast) for the walls. I believe the wall frame work was 2x2 lumber. Corrugated plastic does break down over time due to sunlight exposure and temperature changes so this type of shanty will only last a few years.
Steve

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:44 AM »
IceKingggg use the search feature in upper left corner of page. A few years back some one posted photos of a shanty he built using corrugated plastic panels (Corroplast) for the walls. I believe the wall frame work was 2x2 lumber. Corrugated plastic does break down over time due to sunlight exposure and temperature changes so this type of shanty will only last a few years.
Steve

Use the center Search function ...IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ..easier to clarify your search parameters .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:03 AM »
Hardwater diehard thank you for pointing out that the search function where the search is confined to Ice Shanty has been repaired I agree about clarifying search parameters. Ice Kingggg the search feature is found under sponsor logos in same line with Community and Logout.

Thank you to all at Ice Shanty administration and any others to get the search function repaired.
Steve

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 06:03 PM »
I have had a permanent corrugated ice shack (on skids) in the past, light, but did not last (junk).  After my current 12'/8' metal sided one rots down, I will buy an all aluminum, it will be the last one I will ever need, I should have spent the money and bought one of these to start with.

Offline IceKingggg

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Small light perm?
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 07:20 AM »
Re - look at my top description? This may help some?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.