Author Topic: Looking for a thermal flip over  (Read 658 times)

Offline Big Dude

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for a thermal flip over
« on: May 06, 2017, 06:23 AM »
Hey all

I'm starting to think about getting a thermal flip over. I am kinda picky though. I need the sled to be 5 feet or less long and still have two seats in it. The reason for this is I want to be able to keep my four wheeler and gear in my enclosed trailer so it's ready for use and also doesn't take up the entire bed of my truck all winter. My plan is to put the wheeler in first and the sled in sideways behind it. I just need to find the house that will work for my application and then go from there with saving up for it. Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Looking for a thermal flip over
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:22 AM »
take a look at shappell's FX200I. they are revamping their line up soon if you can wait longer.
Sled Base:     60"L x 44"W x 13"H
Size: Set Up: 60"W x 88"D x 61"H
         Travel:  44"W x 60"L x 19"H
18 sq ft Fishable area
76 lbs.

the new line up will have the bars to help close the units where we now have to close it by hand in the corners of the tent to the tub area.

www.shappell.com

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Try to look at the offerings from all five major players, Otter, Eskimo, Clam, Shappell and Frabill.  There are lots of choices today.  Just a sled and a decent insulated hub might fit the bill for you too.  Take your time researching and shopping.  You have plenty of time to make a choice.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Check your local Gander Mtn .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Big Dude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 05:13 PM »
So yeah check your local gander mountain. I picked up the frabill bro series 2255 full thermal two man with side doors (which I think is awesome). For $420. The nanook thermal was about $50 cheaper but didn't offer the side step doors and was about 5" shorter in headroom and for a 6'4" fella all that counts. Plus I love the way it looks. Get to your local gander because there are deals to be had. This house was $600 originally. Thanks for the replies guys now we need to have some fun on soft water and wait for ice season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.