Author Topic: Bloodline or "Bandit" Demon Jig  (Read 1425 times)

Offline DrewFlu33

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bloodline or "Bandit" Demon Jig
« on: Apr 27, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Sorry if this has been discussed previously (a search turned up nothing), but as I was putting my ice fishing gear away over the last week I was reminded that I have exactly ONE bloodline Demon jig left.  I used to use them for early season panfish as well, but have gone away from that due to not having a sufficient stock...or really any stock at all at this point.

I was able to find them online at a couple places, but one was charging something like $38 for two of them while another wanted almost $15 in shipping for them and only had 1 size (which has been my best option to this point). Custom Jigs & Spins no longer lists this color amongst their offerings.  All this tells me that the color has been discontinued, which is really sad to me!  It's been one of my best and most reliable producers for a long time.  So much so that it's exactly what I've got tied onto my "dead stick" rod before I ever consider trying anything else. 

I always favored the green glow (looks white in daylight) with the red (pink?) bloodline on it, though I don't think the color matters so much as does the stark contrast that the fish are able to spot easily.  I think there must be something to the line in addition to the contrast provided by it - I've had success with the same colors with a dot instead of a line, though not nearly on the same level as the ones with the line.  To go a step further, it even seems that the line's orientation matters.  Those with the line running vertically (from hook eye to hook shank) seem to work better than the ones that had the line horizontal (perpendicular to the hook shank).

I know that the Lindy Frostee jig is basically the same design as the Demon and I thought maybe I preferred theirs over Custom Jigs due to a higher quality hook out of the package, though they just don't seem to produce as well for some reason.  It seems they're a little thicker (and thus heavier) and must not flutter and glide the same way. Maybe in my mind.  Either way, I went back to the original Demon and just sharpening the hooks.  The hooks take well to a file and can be made quite sharp, so they work great that way!  And either way, Lindy does not have the bloodline as a color option.

So after all that unnecessary rambling (apologies for that), here's where I'm at...given that Custom Jigs no longer makes this color, I'd love to find someone else making something similar and painting it with this scheme. It works (worked?) so well, I'm convinced someone must be doing it!  Given the name "Custom Jigs," maybe I could even have them make me some if I buy a large enough batch?  Group buy anyone if this is a possibility??   

What do you all suggest?   

I'd love to pick it up both in spoon (hook attached below via loop and split ring) as well as jig (lead molded around a hook) form in several sizes if possible!

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Bloodline or "Bandit" Demon Jig
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Some of those prices ($38) are for a 12 pack.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2017, 07:17 AM »
Gunnerdog

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 05:53 PM »
Check out Dakota Angler website

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum