Author Topic: Does everyone hibernate for summer or go somewhere else?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
I understand that there is the soft water equivalent of this board, but hardly anyone uses it. Do most anglers just not visit forums outside of ice fishing or where else do they/you go?
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Does everyone hibernate for summer or go somewhere else?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2017, 07:03 AM »
Some of us are on here all year long, but you're right, MFF doesn't get as much use as IS. I'll let others from your area steer you to area forums that might be more active. Here's something I found.
http://www.fishingsaskatchewan.ca/#/
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Saskbucks ditto OldSailor's post . Just my humble opinion but think there are more  fish species specific and fishing style websites for open water fishing then ice fishing.  The 9:45 on a Tuesday thread sees activity year round and has become sort of a website morning coffee club. Please feel welcome to stop in and visit this thread. Have a good Spring and Summer.
Steve

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2017, 03:14 PM »
I personally rarely visit fishing forums after I have finished ice fishing for the season ( which will likely be after next weekend). Once the days are longer I am busier and don't have as much time in the evenings to surf the web. Getting summer gear, boats, motors and fly tying done has my interest.. By fall I am looking forward to getting back on ice shanty.
Splaker

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Ice fishing is harder and i think guys look for more advice, come summer we can cover the entire lake and use use different methods to catch fish so less advice is asked. I very seldom read the " how to catch section" more enjoy the topics in General, boats and motors, electronics ect ect. Also most guys don't give up their techniques and hot spots anyways. Most t.v shows have forums also. 

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Hey, Keep it down some of us are trying to sleep!!!!!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:29 PM »
I think mr.clean nailed it. Ice fishing is pretty much a specific type of fishing. The ice is what gathers us together. Most guys look for the specific types of fishing that they do. Whether it's as basic as salt v/s fresh or if it is more specific to fish types or even boat types or shoreline fishing. I tend to stick to a couple kayak fishing web sites. Yakanglers.com is my main site.

Offline flyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2017, 03:25 PM »
its pretty hard to post anything from Little Bear all summer as there's no cell or data coverage up there.
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at......heck! you guys already know that!

Offline Tech By Trade

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Used to hit up Fishing Saskatchewan daily like so many others but since they changed the format about 4 years ago its pretty much a ghost town. Even after they tried to fix it a year or two ago it still sucked arse.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2017, 07:05 PM »
 yep what an awful decision.  used to be a great site.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2017, 09:31 AM »
Now that Men outdoors site shut down I'll probably visit fishing saskatchewan more often. I joined a few Facebook groups but the amount of guys cutting down other fishermen is nuts, almost like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a fish on the docks. Plus any photo posted there's always someone asking where it was caught and where's you spot. I like places like iceshanty where guys will give tips, water depth, and structure to look for fish during the changing seasons.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.