Author Topic: Day off?...GONE FISHIN'!  (Read 1246 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Day off?...GONE FISHIN'!
« on: Apr 06, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Hi all,

Had a day off, plan was crappie in the morning, head back to the house for lunch, pick up the dog and head out again for walleye in the evening, worked great, love it when a plan comes together!

The ice is worse than I thought, drilled a couple holes in the morning and although there is 18"+ it is honeycomb already for the most part, auger went through it like a hot knife through butter, guess its down to the thaw we had earlier in the year and then almost zero snow since without a mother thaw afterwards.

the crappie decided to show up on my spot on Wabigoon really late, oh well, will be hunting them in the boat pretty soon.

The walleye I caught in the evening were at another lake just up the road. I usually quad all the way there from my house across the lakes and skidoo trails but wanted to take Roloff with me so we trailered up there. Landing was toast and had to travel half a click to find ice strong enough to walk out on, drilled a couple holes, same deal as Wabigoon, 18" of honeycomb sketchiness, lol...so I jumped on the quad and pinned it to my spot. Got 4 walleye, one female 3 males, not anywhere near their spawning ground yet, which was a good thing for me as there was no way I was going near the creek!

Here's the video as usual.

https://youtu.be/QdQ-kZb1gYI

Tight lines all!
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Day off?...GONE FISHIN'!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2017, 06:23 PM »
Great vid as always, Iam afraid you may be the only one on the board still fishing. In southern Ont we are in the midst of 24 hrs of rain and the ice has been unsafe for a couple weeks, might be able to get the boat out this weekend though so not all bad.

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Great vid as always, Iam afraid you may be the only one on the board still fishing. In southern Ont we are in the midst of 24 hrs of rain and the ice has been unsafe for a couple weeks, might be able to get the boat out this weekend though so not all bad.

Jon

I probably am, except you...lol. couple more trips out then I'm done, time to get the boat out!
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline Tye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2017, 03:38 PM »
I miss the ice already :( but I've been catching them in open water as well!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.