The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The fat lady is singing  (Read 1335 times)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The fat lady is singing
« on: Apr 04, 2017, 04:05 PM »
It seems as if the IS page is dead again until next year ,time to sign off and I hope everyone has a great open water season!

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
Re: The fat lady is singing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Yup, it's definitley slowed down. That doesn't mean that everyone has to stop using fishing forums though. Remember IceShanty's sister site MyFishFinder. I'm not sure why, but that site is usually pretty dead. It would be great is IS members could transfer to MFF during the warmer months to discuss fishing tip, tricks, and stories. Tight Lines to all this season, PB.  :)
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Yesterday was my last day..... Fished Keelers for flats and was glad to stay dry while getting off. Time to clean up all the ice gear and get the open water stuff out and the boat uncovered. I hope everyone has a great summer and see you all next ice season.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Yesterday was my last day as well. Met some new guys and made some good friendships. Panfishing lends itself to that...tons of great guys out there with the same passion that I have.
Rather bittersweet washing the suit and "summerizing" the augers; but next week the boats are coming out of storage!!!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2017, 07:50 AM »
See you on that rock shelf soon...at the east side of that bay.

Frank

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2017, 04:02 PM »
See you on that rock shelf soon...at the east side of that bay.

Frank
Yessir...
Sorry we didn't fished together this year. I think the last time we hooked up on the ice was a couple years ago riding together on six inches of water going to Campbell's.
I was at Abnaki the last week or so on the park side fishing with Pete. I saw you guys; but the walking conditions were way to bad to go say hello.
Bring on the bobbers!!!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Yeah Ken, that year going all the way out to Campbells through the water on late ice was a trip. I ended up fishing near Pete the last few days when our fish started to get smaller. Got some nice seeds over on that side which was fun. Rigging up a few poles to get ready for open water and got all my ice gear washed and put away. I did the electric drill auger this year so I never used my Nils. It is still sitting all set for summer. I'll probably never use it again though. The EL drill is just too easy and weighs next to nothing. See you where the water warms quickly.... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.