Author Topic: Learned something new this season...anyone else have something to share?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
With the advice of a friend, I learned that when the perch bite is really slow, have a jigging lure and a dead bait on the bottom.  With the help of a camera, I would watch the perch approach my jigging lure, then turn to the deadbait on the bottom.  They would very subtly suck up the deadbait and quickly spit it out.  I was able to catch a dozen perch by setting the hook when I saw them inhale the deadbait off the bottom.  Without my camera, I wouldn't have caught a single fish. 
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline Huber87

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes that's all fine and dandy but then what when they come in and stare at it for 10 minutes and do nothing

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yes that's all fine and dandy but then what when they come in and stare at it for 10 minutes and do nothing

I've had the same thing happen to me before I started dropping a very small deadbait on the bottom.  Not to say that this won't happen to you again.  I'm just sharing something that worked for me when they wouldn't bite. 

Offline Huber87

• IceShanty Rookie
It's a good idea, it never hurts to try something new, if you YouTube uncut angling they have some really amazing tips, I suggest you watch some of his videos you will be impressed!!!!!!

Offline hunter651

• IceShanty Rookie
I think the biggest thing I learnt this yr rising presure fish bite better, 3  different times I was out, on the first day fish were biting like crazy go back the very next day fish exact holes and only get a few, all days were over cast and winds were the same only difference  one day the pressure was rising and the second slower day the presure was falling......

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
It's a good idea, it never hurts to try something new, if you YouTube uncut angling they have some really amazing tips, I suggest you watch some of his videos you will be impressed!!!!!!

This is a great point!  Discovered Uncut Angling last year with the 39 hours production.  Have watched and rewatched all of their videos since.  THE BEST fishing show out there in my opinion.  I like it moreso because where they do most of their fishing, we can also get to. 

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
What deadbait was working best for you? I'll give your method a try when season opens. Thanks for sharing it.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
What deadbait was working best for you? I'll give your method a try when season opens. Thanks for sharing it.

My deadbait was a tiny jig head (chartreuse) with half of a small minnow.

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
Another fishing competition I enjoyed is call fly vs jerk on  YouTube     check it out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.