Author Topic: Storing Vexilar fl-28 for summer  (Read 1270 times)

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Storing Vexilar fl-28 for summer
« on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:40 AM »
How do you store your Vexilar Fl-28 for the summer.  Ice fishing is over for the year here and I am putting away all of my gear for the season.  Do you store your Vexilar with the wires attached to the battery or disconnected?

jr50

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Storing Vexilar fl-28 for summer
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I have an Flx28, I called Vexilar last week and ask the same question. There reply was since I have the ultra pak and have a main power switch I don't need to disconnect. Keeping the main switch off is fine, easier to recharge in off season.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2017, 09:36 AM »
If you can disconnect the battery do so ....but give the battery a top off charge once every month or two to promote battery longevity . Another tip fire up that gas auger every once in a while ...keeps the gaskets/diaphragm  "wet" ...I use/add SeaFoam to my Opti2/gas mixture...nice to have things in working order when your season starts .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2017, 10:10 AM »
I disconnect all my vexs wires from the batteries after full charging them.so there no possibility of amp draw.mine are all pro packs.fl18,fl20 and flx28

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.