Author Topic: April on the Hardwater  (Read 1245 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
April on the Hardwater
« on: Apr 02, 2017, 05:23 PM »
I knew with the storm yesterday, conditions would be tough. Headed north to a favorite lake along the 16 corridor. Conditions proved to be really, really difficult today, but always worth it. 8" snow with 6" slush underneath. To say the Quad was maxed out in its ability was an understatement, but we made it out 3/4 mile to our spot. Still drilling 20" of ice!! 
Bright sun and hovering around 50, it was a beautiful day to be out. Action was not really there today, but still managed enough to make it a success and a little dinner. Biggest was a Brookie 2 1/2 lbs on the scale.
I am tempted to say it was my last trip, but cant give in yet, Im going to try for another this week.
Good luck to the diehards still out, Still some great fishing out there....

- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: April on the Hardwater
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Congratulations on an awesome trip...beautiful Brookie!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2017, 10:23 PM »
Nice work...... I was planning on a trip Wednesday or Thursday let me know if you want to meet up I'm in the Conway area
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Way to stay after them Jason. Nice brookie. I hope to get out the end of the week. This snow sucked. I was cutting 16" last Thursday.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2017, 04:20 AM »
It's still winter up there ! Nice brookies !!!

Offline fullerbn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2017, 06:03 AM »
That's a beautiful brookie,  nice job!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2017, 12:01 PM »
Nice work...... I was planning on a trip Wednesday or Thursday let me know if you want to meet up I'm in the Conway area
Id love to, but now unfortunately I cant get back out until Saturday.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2017, 12:20 PM »
That Jiffy looks like it has a few miles on it. I have one similar to it retired when I got the ION. Hoping to get out Saturday early. I'll be bringing a plank with me. Will probably have to walk the plank as Captain Black would say.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2017, 12:57 PM »
That Jiffy looks like it has a few miles on it. I have one similar to it retired when I got the ION. Hoping to get out Saturday early. I'll be bringing a plank with me. Will probably have to walk the plank as Captain Black would say.
That Jiffy is older than I am and still wails every year. Was my old man's, 76 I believe, learned to drill on that thing when I was just big enough to hold it up LOL. Only one rebuild several years back, starts first pull everytime, always reliable. 
BUT, with that being said I am definitely eyeballing a new ION for next season. You're right Denny, Time for a change I think.
Good luck Saturday.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2017, 02:02 PM »
That Jiffy is older than I am and still wails every year. Was my old man's, 76 I believe, learned to drill on that thing when I was just big enough to hold it up LOL. Only one rebuild several years back, starts first pull everytime, always reliable. 
BUT, with that being said I am definitely eyeballing a new ION for next season. You're right Denny, Time for a change I think.
Good luck Saturday.

Mine is a 70's vintage. Ran good but it was time for a change.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.