Author Topic: Clam/Walmart  (Read 765 times)

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam/Walmart
« on: Mar 29, 2017, 01:39 PM »
Is it just me or are clam brand products getting cheaper and cheaper? I've never been much of a fan but when I look at their products they seem to get cheaper in quality every year. Is clam the wal mart of the ice fishing world?
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline IceKingggg

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam/Walmart
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2017, 02:51 PM »
I have noticed the same thing, my hub has see holes that shine in like no other... I'm getting an otter and making a perm for next year.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2017, 02:55 PM »
I've had an otter for two years now and I can honestly say it is worlds above any other portable I've ever fished. What size permy are you looking at building?
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2017, 10:05 PM »
Is it just me or are clam brand products getting cheaper and cheaper? I've never been much of a fan but when I look at their products they seem to get cheaper in quality every year. Is clam the wal mart of the ice fishing world?

Its unfortunate their quality is horrible now. They charge a premium for a sub quality product. Three weeks ago I witnessed A guy on the lake trying to zip the door shut on a Clam bigfoot and the zipper handle bent in half. Its too bad. In the older days they were considered the best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.