Author Topic: Lake of The Woods  (Read 498 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lake of The Woods
« on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:26 PM »
Ok I know what everyone is thinking, another guy wanting to know about lake of the woods sleepers rentals and fish quality. I have a couple buddies who have been bugging me for over 2 years about going to LOTW. Believe me I want to go but our fishing styles vary greatly. They want to be in a sleeper shack on fish the whole time. I want to have the freedom to move around. One of our friends has cabin Near Ely, Mn where we would have free lodging but have to pack our own gear (that's half the fun for me). If we were to got to LOTW is it possible to have a sleeper and be able to run and gun and possibly get on some crappies in shallower water? Or should I just plan on being confined to the shack? We have ATV's but no Snowmobiles. The last time I was in a sleeper it cost me $500 and I didn't  catch a single fish. That's why I'm a little hesitant.

Thanks in advance!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake of The Woods
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2017, 05:49 AM »
LOTW is huge. Most that go there seem to have their own fish houses. That said there are many sleeper options. Many also have day houses.That you can also use. I was just up there second week of March. If it were not for the big sleeper. There is no way we would have been able to fish. They had sustained 60 to 65 mile an hour winds over night and 30 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 50 mph during the day. you can bring your own Portable shack, heater etc. But there rally is no need. IMO Check out Lyons sleepers, $284.00 per person. No frills but great folks. No guarantee of fish. I would go around Christmas. I have in the past and the fishing was better then than in March and we caught plenty in March.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Thanks for the info. I would be perfectly content if we were set up on fish and I fully intend to use the sleeper but I also want to have the ability to go out and be mobile. I know it depends on the year but on a "normal year" can ATV's get around on the lake? Good comments so far! Thanks!

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2017, 01:20 PM »
If you are talking about coming up this year, it has been warm and the snow is about gone on the lakes, a 4-wheeler is the way to go, if talking about going next year then up until the middle of march might be an issue on a 4-wheeler, just depends, amount of snow and time of melt are different every year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.