Author Topic: season's over. any plans for spring?  (Read 837 times)

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
season's over. any plans for spring?
« on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:38 AM »
with all the flooding and high flow down, along with some pretty unsafe ice on most of the lakes in the southern portions of Idaho, it's been tough to find good fishing the last couple of weeks.

now though, the lakes and ponds are thawing enough to be fishable again! i've already caught my first catfish of the season on a pond that was still half-frozen, and i'm looking forward to hitting that pond with a boat this weekend, looking for some larger fish

what about you guys, any plans for the ice-out bite?

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: season's over. any plans for spring?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2017, 10:58 PM »
Turkeys and bears. Gotta start working with the horse again. Won't lie though, already miss the ice. It was a great year.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Clean the yard and get lawnmower running

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2017, 07:57 AM »
Panfisherman, We hit Chesterfield briefly last night.  It is about 50% open water and still a good color with reasonable clarity.  The Portneuf was running high but green, not brown.  Last night was the only time I have ever used a snowdrift for a pole holder to fish open water.   Lots of snow geese, have never seen those before.  Devil Creek is full with water in the spillway and very brown/turbid.  About 90% open with a little ice at the dam.  Deep Creek is about 60% open, about 4 feet from full, and extremely brown/turbid.  Saw Hawkins from the air last week, over half open waer with an ice sheet in the middle.  Twin Lakes was a mess but it was hard to gauge how much was open water.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.