The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Adventures out today 3/20  (Read 1553 times)

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Adventures out today 3/20
« on: Mar 21, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Got a good early start to head out and hit some trout and salmon waters. Made good time no delays on the travel and made it to the water by sun up. 18 out of 20 traps set and I decide to plunge the auger. Must have hit something electrical cause it had no spark. So we played the watch the flags fly game for a bit and had an encounter with this little fella

Then after some fidgeting and cooperation from the jiffy we were able to punch a couple holes for so jigging. And jigging we did.

Nice white slabs just covering bottom. Couldn't keep your jig in the water. After 20 minutes the flasher had out fished the traps 20-1. That's alot guys now I'm addicted. And I noticed the other thing that jigging does. Makes the time pass alot faster. I managed a nice 15" brookie while out jigging.

And as you all can tell it was just a fantastic blue bird day. All of us ended with atleast a fish except for one of us. And he didn't care either way. And now I have to attempt and keep 3 dozen smelts alive till tomorrow or beyond.

They can hangout in the beer fridge. Hopefully they don't freeze up
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Re: Adventures out today 3/20
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2017, 10:45 AM »
VERY NICE! Yeah....Those machines do make time go faster.

That brookie must have been a nice surprise!

I’m headed to WG next week ~ T - W- TH. You’re welcome along!

Might  be on Cantellyacook this weekend, late afternoon.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline stickbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2017, 10:54 AM »
Nice pile of whites,and a great bonus brookie!!
Looks like a great day on the ice. Lil mink was hungry.

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Nice job, to bad we lost you to the dark side, there's no coming back now. ;D

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:35 AM »
Jigging is a blast on a bunch of whites like that.  Throw in a real good brookie.  Great day @)

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Nice job, to bad we lost you to the dark side, there's no coming back now. ;D

You've finally found heaven on the dark side. Don't you wish you found it years ago. Great day with action and a bonus brookie. You are hooked good now, enjoy. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Unfortunately the brookie wasn't on the jig pole and I almost missed him cause we were out jigging. But I may or may not be on the dark side now
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline apresby11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2017, 01:45 PM »
"After 20 minutes the flasher had out fished the traps 20-1"

That pretty much sums it up...I never knew how many fish were on the bottom of the lake until I bought a flasher!   There are some lakes that I mark fish/smelt/perch in EVERY hole I cut.  They also allow you to better get an idea of structure on bottom and become a better trap fisherman as well....

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2017, 01:55 PM »
"After 20 minutes the flasher had out fished the traps 20-1"

That pretty much sums it up...I never knew how many fish were on the bottom of the lake until I bought a flasher!   There are some lakes that I mark fish/smelt/perch in EVERY hole I cut.  They also allow you to better get an idea of structure on bottom and become a better trap fisherman as well....
I'm starting to figure it out. Figuring out how to read the bottom from the marks

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Looks like a great time!Nice size white perch and Brookie!

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2017, 03:51 PM »
  Nice pile of fish you have there.  Those are some nice Whites.  Nice Brookie too.  Flasher and jig rod is the only way to go.  Welcome to the "dark side". ;D

Offline proudmainah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2017, 06:15 PM »
What a superb day man! You were giggling like a school girl at that perch hole  ;D (and I don't blame ya). I think you hooked up on every drop over a dozen times in a row  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2017, 06:47 PM »
What a superb day man! You were giggling like a school girl at that perch hole  ;D (and I don't blame ya). I think you hooked up on every drop over a dozen times in a row  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:
You leave my giggling like a little school girl out of it. It was awesome though

Offline StevenB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Great job!  Got to get JJ on the fish like that. I might have to follow suit with one of the electronic doohickeys, glad you like yours,
Steve

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Great job!  Got to get JJ on the fish like that. I might have to follow suit with one of the electronic doohickeys, glad you like yours,
Steve
I'm hoping to give him a demo Sunday. And I'm going to give it a go at that lake your buddy was telling you about Friday with the electronic doohickey. I'll let you know how it goes

Offline hockeynut12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:17 AM »
Looks like a pretty good day to me. I haven't jumped on the flasher bandwagon yet, but the more I see and hear about them the more interested I am in trying it out. Good luck with it.  :tipup:
I like to walk on water.

Offline StolenB8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:41 AM »
I haven't jumped on the flasher bandwagon yet

:cookoo:

Offline StolenB8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:42 AM »
But I may or may not be on the dark side now

Just need a couple days on togue water and the debate will be over... just saying  :whistle:

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2017, 08:12 AM »
Looks like a pretty good day to me. I haven't jumped on the flasher bandwagon yet, but the more I see and hear about them the more interested I am in trying it out. Good luck with it.  :tipup:
Just jump on board. Pick them up for a good price right now. And it makes watching traps easier to cope with
Just need a couple days on togue water and the debate will be over... just saying  :whistle:
Friday. Hitting someplace local. Hoping maybe next year I can make it back down home. See if I can find the fish again

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2017, 08:39 AM »
nothing like getting a mess of whites on the jig pole! them flashers are like playing a vid game with the fish! very addictive! i still produce more w/ traps but i move them often unless the bite is real hot on the pole. then i leave them in place.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2017, 09:27 AM »
nothing like getting a mess of whites on the jig pole! them flashers are like playing a vid game with the fish! very addictive! i still produce more w/ traps but i move them often unless the bite is real hot on the pole. then i leave them in place.
What's often? I generally go 3-4 hrs then move

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.