Author Topic: Last minute ice  (Read 1124 times)

Offline toyotawheelin

• IceShanty Rookie
Last minute ice
« on: Mar 20, 2017, 10:12 PM »
Am I the only one that got out today on SAFE ice? 5 inches white, 2 inches black, but DEFINITELY not the whole lake. Was surprised to find it so close to home after taking a trek to mass Saturday to find ice. Edges were just about gone, almost plank status. 4 flags, 2 keeper perch.

Offline toyotawheelin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last minute ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2017, 10:20 PM »
Well in typical fashion, pics don't work. Done trying to figure it out, this page needs direct posting. Links should work for those who care. Stay off the ice if it ain't safe, was surprised to find it where I did, and I DEFINITELY brought a spud bar.

Offline ImmovingtoMaine,OUCH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2017, 10:32 PM »
Nice job

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2017, 03:45 PM »
nice. That one perch is loaded

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2017, 08:33 AM »
Found and walked on some ice in CT Saturday.  It wont last but it was a nice site despite the season we've had.

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2017, 04:33 PM »
Nice fish, that's two more then we got on Saturday with 4 hours less driving. Gonna be easy cleaning for the fish fry, I have barely 2 bags of fish, mostly trout. Next time we'll try that spot first before a drive to swiss cheese Onota.

Haha, btw, that black finger reaching for your right tilt looks dicey. At least you brought a spud bar that day.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.